Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Nah I gotta disagree.

I had heart palpitations like 4 years ago....went to urgent care and they misdiagnosed me with some life threatening shyt....had me in the ER like :damn: "this man is about to DIE!!!!"

ER ran literally a couple tests and :unimpressed: "urgent care is wildly incompetent", it ended up being too much caffeine or some completely innocuous shyt.

$5,000 off that dumb shyt. Urgent care is clown shoes half the time. Not saying all but you gotta be careful.

Fred.
:ohhh:Thats a WILD misdiagnosis man. Healthcare in general is a fukking circus nowadays but they really had them reading u ur last rites for the equivalent of a red bull overdose? :picard:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:Thats a WILD misdiagnosis man. Healthcare in general is a fukking circus nowadays but they really had them reading u ur last rites for the equivalent of a red bull overdose? :picard:

Man they said I had a partial right branch blocked tachycardia or some shyt.

The ER doc called them up and aired them out in front of me. Like "the fukk are you talking about?"

I'm not even sure it was caffeine, because I only drink like 2 cups of coffee a day. There's a gang of things (lack of sleep, caffeine, anxiety, etc.) that can cause heart palpitations....I felt fine otherwise so they chalked it up to a fluke. Wore a heart monitor for a while after that, EKGs, chest x-rays, etc....no issues at all.

Fred.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know y’all just following doctors orders but you need to challenge your doctor on his salt recommendations.

The AHA has been silently backtracking and removing some of these dated recommendations.

Don’t take any of this advice without consulting your doctor first but if your doctor scoffs at the conversation or gets angry when they can’t answer questions you should politely leave the office and find a new doctor.

Your doctor will probably drop you but that’s a good thing. You’ll have a chance to find someone that will actually help you.

At the end of the day, all doctors aren’t created equal. Think of your profession, is everyone with a credential knowledgeable in your field? Does everyone stay current on best practices? Probably not and they don’t either.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
replace some of your snacks...add walnuts to your diet -and cut out processed snacks replace those with fruits a cornucopia of fruits.

if you smoke weed, sTOP it, it increases blood pressure. if you do cocaine, stop that shyt too.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
That’s how mine has been daily, slightly higher, with medication. I wake up lightheaded and nauseous in the mornings, and when my stress makes my pressure go up, I start sweating heavily. I’m going to the doctor regularly

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt. I wish i had those numbers when I was having heart problems.

My shyt was crazy. Ill have to look at my log but it was something like 174/132.

They put me on a losartan

I had a inflamed lining of my heart. I went on a run for 2 hours and was upset/stressed so i just ran hard for about an 1hr and 30 mins. My heart rate was in the 180s. That naturally caused some swelling/inflammation. But since i ran everyday my heart never really healed. It would start to heal then id run and workout and it would flare back up.

Got to the point where my chest was locking up just sitting in a chair. Left arm numb and all that.

The doctor wanted me to go to the ER, i refused. Eventually had all the tests and shyt ran and they gave me high blood pressure medicine despite noting how good my oxygen levels and everything else was.

I took beet powder, that always helped me. Losartan didn't do anything. And finally on my own i took doses of anti inflammatory medicine and it worked instantly. Completely healed what 6 months of "prescription" didn't do.

I stopped taking the script in August and been good.

Use beer powder or beet root powder, mix with water. And drink plenty of water. No caffeine or stimulants.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I know y’all just following doctors orders but you need to challenge your doctor on his salt recommendations.

The AHA has been silently backtracking and removing some of these dated recommendations.

Don’t take any of this advice without consulting your doctor first but if your doctor scoffs at the conversation or gets angry when they can’t answer questions you should politely leave the office and find a new doctor.

Your doctor will probably drop you but that’s a good thing. You’ll have a chance to find someone that will actually help you.

At the end of the day, all doctors aren’t created equal. Think of your profession, is everyone with a credential knowledgeable in your field? Does everyone stay current on best practices? Probably not and they don’t either.

Nah, you have to cut the salt, especially if you're black or have a family history of hypertension.

This is probably just some white guy that doesn't happen to be sensitive to salt but that doesn't apply to everybody.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I forgot to mention this but once when my brothers bp skyrocketed, I had to rush him to the ER and the doctor did say that if we hadn't got there when we did, he would have had a stroke.

If your numbers are still high, go to the emergency room.

its why I said on the first page start incorporating baby aspirin.

The scary thing as well many people don't even know they have high bp.

Daps
Man they said I had a partial right branch blocked tachycardia or some shyt.

The ER doc called them up and aired them out in front of me. Like "the fukk are you talking about?"

I'm not even sure it was caffeine, because I only drink like 2 cups of coffee a day. There's a gang of things (lack of sleep, caffeine, anxiety, etc.) that can cause heart palpitations....I felt fine otherwise so they chalked it up to a fluke. Wore a heart monitor for a while after that, EKGs, chest x-rays, etc....no issues at all.

Fred.

I'm glad you're good, brother.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps

This is my own bro-science but I think white folks have a higher tolerance to salt than black folks. This is why we checking out early we aren't taking into account that American diets affects different races differently. So unless this is a white doctor who has a lot of black patients specifically I wouldn't be quick to take his advice.