Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Try some CBD and walking. Or just smoke a head and walk. Also meditation will help.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
talk to your primary care doctor ASAP

stay away from stimulants such as caffeine and cigarettes

if you don't already have one, get one of those small blood pressure takers that you wrap around your wrist

try to make it a habit to take your pressure around the same time every day

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of these hospitals claim 120/80 is pre hypertension. That’s what they told my wife.

Not sure what they're going off of, 120/80 was updated by the American Heart Association back in 2019.

The numbers prior to that were actually more lenient. So I'm kinda confused.

Fred.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Societies changed the blood pressure guidlines because the Sprint trial showed that being above 120/80 puts you at significant risk of stroke or heat attack

HTN has a hazard ratio of .25 so that means you are 25% more likely to die if you have HTN

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if meditation will help, but im a big fan of this app and the first year is free. If you’ve got earphones with a noise canceling feature ive found it to really enhance the sessions.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is my own bro-science but I think white folks have a higher tolerance to salt than black folks. This is why we checking out early we aren't taking into account that American diets affects different races differently. So unless this is a white doctor who has a lot of black patients specifically I wouldn't be quick to take his advice.
I respectfully disagree. I believe we check out early because most doctors don’t give us the care we deserve. They usually do the minimum for us and they know we can’t hold them accountable. I don’t think it’s just the race either. Poor people get the same treatment.

I believe there are outliers but I believe we aren’t so different that we can do without a mineral essential to life. The problem starts when we have metabolic diseases but decide to treat the symptoms instead of the problem. We fix a flat instead of changing the tire.

If you eat like shyt or have a drinking problem then get high blood pressure, the salt didn’t cause the problem.

Typically when a person stops eating salt they also reduce the bullshyt that caused the issue and correlate the improvements in health with the reduction in salt because that’s where they were told to look.

I can tell you, in the last 12 years I read more books on nutrition and how the body works than Katt Williams :mjlol: I landed on Ken Barry because his science was sound.

I’ve lived with these diets because people in my life have health issues and I’m in it with them as support. I don’t have a single health issue and get bloodwork done every 6 months to a year and most markers improved to optimal levels instead of normal levels.

I wish more people would actually read nutrition books and take their health on their own hands but I understand that people are bombarded by life and don’t have the time. So like I said I respectfully disagree but I’m not judging you. I just don’t agree :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Suck greek yogurt out the crack
of a detroit stripper's ass with a white castle
coffee straw while jacking off in black
dress socks and wearing a homburg brim 2 sizes
too big during a full moon.
High Blood Pressure.......GONE!!!

UKVu0t8.gif

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
I’m hypertensive only by a little bit , if I go out … I’m go out happy and full of the foods I enjoy !

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I respectfully disagree. I believe we check out early because most doctors don’t give us the care we deserve. They usually do the minimum for us and they know we can’t hold them accountable. I don’t think it’s just the race either. Poor people get the same treatment.

I believe there are outliers but I believe we aren’t so different that we can do without a mineral essential to life. The problem starts when we have metabolic diseases but decide to treat the symptoms instead of the problem. We fix a flat instead of changing the tire.

If you eat like shyt or have a drinking problem then get high blood pressure, the salt didn’t cause the problem.

Typically when a person stops eating salt they also reduce the bullshyt that caused the issue and correlate the improvements in health with the reduction in salt because that’s where they were told to look.

I can tell you, in the last 12 years I read more books on nutrition and how the body works than Katt Williams :mjlol: I landed on Ken Barry because his science was sound.

I’ve lived with these diets because people in my life have health issues and I’m in it with them as support. I don’t have a single health issue and get bloodwork done every 6 months to a year and most markers improved to optimal levels instead of normal levels.

I wish more people would actually read nutrition books and take their health on their own hands but I understand that people are bombarded by life and don’t have the time. So like I said I respectfully disagree but I’m not judging you. I just don’t agree :yeshrug:
Why do you get bloodwork every 6 months?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why do you get bloodwork every 6 months?
Because early detection has better outcomes and I like to track trends. I do what I read. If something is causing harm it’ll only do it for 6 months.

Fortunately, I get a thorough physical annual paid for by my company. EKG, chest X-rays, hearing, pulmonary and blood.

I pay for one on my own 6 months after that. Welcome to Own Your Labs - Own Your Labs is unbelievably affordable and you don’t need a doc to order your labs.

Shifting gears a bit.

if anyone is thinking about trying any of the interventions in this thread you really need to talk to your doctor because if you’re on medication, your prescription will be too strong for you when you start seeing improvements.

I know a diabetic that improved her score so much so fast that the meds had her hallucinating. All because she didn’t want to tell her vegan doc she was on carnivore. Eventually she came clean, he lowered her prescription, then he dropped her as a patient.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel for you bruh

My entire family has high blood pressure. Not a weight thing, as I'm probably getting close to the best shape of my life, my dad has been in great shape since he joined the army at 18, grandparents are small, etc

Every single one of us has high blood pressure. I got diagnosed with it at like 23 and been dealing with it ever since. For a while I tried to keep it under control with food which worked but to keep it at the levels I wanted basically made me miserable. I went to a doctor and just talked to him and he prescribed me some medication and ever since then I've felt great. Dont have to eat bland food, or avoid certain things, and my numbers have been great.

Ive been on Amlodipine for a couple years now. Best decision ever.