Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas gon be mad when I say this, but Tinashe as far as looks go >>>>>>>>> both Beyonce' and Rihanna.

tinashe-1475180909-compressed.jpg

tinashe.jpg

tinashe-kachingwe-at-mtv-video-music-awards_2.jpg

gallery-1467021354-tinashe-bet-awards-2016-01.jpg

Tinashe:-BET-Awards-2016--01.jpg

Tinashe:-BET-Awards-2016--06.jpg

FFN_RIJ_BET2016_062616_52105201.jpg

CmAf5RMWkAET3rc.jpg

nah

Gravity

Banned
Daps
untie your cape as well.
You dudes are like girls. I suspect that a lot of you dudes are homosexuals. Just catty for no reason. I haven't heard one song from this chic and as grown man there's really no reason for you to have heard one either.

“There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.”

^^^You can not like this chic, her music or whatever but you can't deny that the quote above is true without being a liar.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
untie your cape as well. She's directly connecting her failures on black people not "accepting" her. In the article it says she's try to switch over to pop and edm as well, but "black people" is her response for failing there as well. She's blaming black people because she's just not a stand out artist. Do you understand how silly and vague it is to say "black people don't accept me". Like what do you mean by "accept"? Are black people supposed to prop up a garbage artist just because they black? Again, maybe she needs to just make better music and stop blaming fans and earn fans. And you fell for that bullshyt "im the lightskin victim" shyt.

She really isn't

The colorism comment was in response to questions about her background. Neither questions were even about her career.

She is also calling bullshyt on the idea, perpetuated recently by warring Twitter fan-tribes, that there’s only room for a couple of successful black female artists at any given time. “Recently, my cousin was with a friend of a friend, who was in high school, and she was like: ‘I’m a fan of Kehlani,’ but in a way that was like, ‘So I can’t be a fan of Tinashe, too.’ Then my friend posed the question, ‘Why not be a fan of both?’ It’s kind of like sport; people feel like they have to pick a side.” Suddenly she springs forward, her default laid-back demeanour temporarily out of the window. “There are hundreds of [male] rappers that all look the same, that sound the same, but if you’re a black woman, you’re either Beyoncé or Rihanna. It’s very, very strange.”

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Backing singers ... Tinashe performs with Britney Spears in December 2016. Photograph: Kevin Winter/Getty Images/iHeartMedia
Ciara – another all-round performer with a handful of stone-cold bangers – has suffered similarly through comparison, I suggest. “I’d agree,” she nods. “It felt like they almost had to sacrifice someone because there wasn’t enough room, which isn’t true. Ciara’s an amazing artist, Beyoncé’s an amazing artist, Rihanna’s an amazing artist, and they’re all very different!”

Tinashe’s mixed-race heritage, which was used “as another example of why I was different” during those difficult school years, also remains an issue. “There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.” A shrug. “I am what I am.”

wont listen to her music and disparage it
won't listen to her words and twist em

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I think the point is that she along with a lot of others aren't really given a chance to shine because there's this weird perception that Beyonce & Rihanna are the only ones that can matter.

It really wasn't like this back in the early-mid 00s & the 90s.
Did the lane for black women in R&B get narrower or something?

Feels like it.