TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I'm conflicted about this... communist China government cannot be trusted.
I say they force company to sell to an American business in the US. That way US consumers who have made a living on tiktok will not be impacted
I feel you 100% but as sad as it sounds trust I the chinese government and Republicans on about the same level on their goal to fukk up our nation . I’ve always hated the GOP but at least the ones in the past weren’t trying to destroy our democracy :francis:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I'm conflicted about this... communist China government cannot be trusted.
I say they force company to sell to an American business in the US. That way US consumers who have made a living on tiktok will not be impacted
Why do Americans think the entire world has to suck America's dikk? Why does the sale have to be to an American owner. The world isn't indebted to America.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Why do Americans think the entire world has to suck America's dikk? Why does the sale have to be to an American owner. The world isn't indebted to America.
I live in America. The interest of my country should come first over that of the Chinese.
They don't allow Facebook or Twitter in China.
I don't see the big deal if it's sold to an American company. The rest of the world can stay on the original Chinese platform....They don't want that because we all know most of their revenue probably comes from the US.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I live in America. The interest of my country should come first over that of the Chinese.
They don't allow Facebook or Twitter in China.
I don't see the big deal if it's sold to an American company. The rest of the world can stay on the original Chinese platform....They don't want that because we all know most of their revenue probably comes from the US.

Why didnt they ban it years ago when they had the chance?!?:what: the math aint mathing...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
tiktok is the only non-white owned major social media platform in the U.S. and they've tried to make it a national security issue but thats the real reason those in power want to take control of it.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
TikTok making the kids woke. :mjpls:

Biden primarily wants it banned for the pro-Palestine content.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I bet all my colicash it won't pass.
This. Biden knows the GOP won't call his bluff. GOP can't even figure out how to write decent legislation. It's a campaign year and he's playing chicken with them.

An American buyer will weaponize and/or politicize the content like Musk is trying to do with X and Zuckerberg did with Facebook.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This:

But additionally this:

I just don't see it happening.

The government is giving them two choices: either sell it or the government will ban it.

ByteDance responded that they won't sell it, so the government will have to ban it.

If they ban if the Democrats basically kill their young vote for generations. They aren't dumb enough to do that during an election year.

Last edited:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Why does it need to be banned…people aren’t forced to go on the app?

This is clearly authoritarianism…we need more decentralized mediums
They can’t control the narrative with alot of things. They already basically did away with Twitter. Facebook/meta was already in Politicians pockets so it does whatever

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps