TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The federal government already has sweeping powers when it comes to dealing with foreign governments etc...as long as the bill specifically targets a foreign company why should I care as an American especially if it's in the name of national security?

Tiktok is not an American company. They have no protection under the bill of rights

the bill of rights limits what the government can do. the government can't infringe on anyone's 1st amendment rights citizen or non-citizen.

this rhetoric about rights being for certain people and not for others is incredibly dangerous.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
the bill of rights limits what the government can do. the government can't infringe on anyone's 1st amendment rights citizen or non-citizen.
Doesn't apply to foreign governments or foreign businesses. If it's gets banned and they sue we can find out.
I'm not a lawyer

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
This guy is an example of an unhinged Islamist.
If you're in higher learning forum you would've known this was my position going all the way back to the Trump presidency.
Jewish translation: dont call me out right now, not while the majority of young Americans don't think Israel should exist.... help damn :damn:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yes, I'm black. No I don't have any relation what'soever with anyone in Israel or a Jewish person.
I never saw you as being Black at all. Your previous post here reek of Israeli propaganda. You don’t owe anyone to disclose your identity but… Why lie?

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I am not in favour of such bills it's censorship and done by these devilish republicans because they see tiktok as being left wing and encouraging young voters to vote. To them its an easier way to win elections banning it

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This in't a matter of National Security. You know how easily these governments can spy on each other? Any compromise anywhere on anyone's device can lead to some crazy information transfer sent directly through signal technology today with all the crazy NFC, RF, infrared, etc. tech everyone has. Not to mention, these moronic, non-tech politicians are all irresponsible with handling highly classified documents, misplacing them, using their personal computers at work and vice-versa, using easy passwords, etc. Straight up liabilities everywhere.

It's not a matter of American citizens' security and privacy as most people's data is compromised in one way or another and your personal information is easily exposed/accessed (your job, data breaches, etc.). Think about how all these crazy people are cracking passwords containing mixed capital letters, numbers and special characters. You think your basic ass social security number is safe?! shyt, most of the forms you're filling out are giving away nearly half of the numbers already.

This ain't even about "real time news" as most of these apps can give you up-to-the-minute info as well letting you live stream or upload videos directly.

So what's it about?

This is basically about a foreign popular app killing it with a great product, period. It's that kid who's mad it ain't their birthday.

At least they could put tariffs on Japanese cars and felt better because they already "defeated" Japan. However, I'm sure they were offended when Nissans, Hondas and Toyotas started showing up everywhere giving the people what they wanted. People literally are infuriated China got this thing that made all their other apps obsolete, letting people produce content around the world that connected everybody and made them happy, that's it.

"How dare you be happy if we didn't have anything to do with it" type of shyt. They've been hating that throughout history and find all ways to steal/take credit for innovations. When they can't? Man, few things make them more salty and upset. Then they want to destroy it. Just pure haters. Not all white folks mind you, but they know who they are.

Maybe some of these CEO's have lost money and that can be another big part of it (which exposes bullshyt lobbying in such an 'honest' system). Some of my people use TikTok and it's be real wack if they changed it up.

Last edited:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
When China bans Google and Facebook ---- "They hate democracy and hate that the people will rise up if they got information"

When USA bans TikTok ------"They are a threat to our national security and they spying on us"

The US knows how to spin shyt like no other.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
I never saw you as being Black at all. Your previous post here reek of Israeli propaganda. You don’t owe anyone to disclose your identity but… Why lie?
Show me any position I have taken on this conflict which is different from the Biden Administration. I'll wait.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
China harvest data for the CPP just like Facebook, Google etc... harvests data for the US government. This is about China being able to control narrative through social media. A foreign power should never have that influence in America.
Yeah but America literally has this influence over every nation in the world. What makes America so special that they get to police the entire planet?