TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

bnew

Veteran
Daps
ya'll should expose yourselves to the arguments people used to advocating banning things in the past.

the arguments in this thread in support of the ban don't even acknowledge that the content you want gone will just be hosted by american companies instead. any foreign adversary can literally buy social media analytics from data brokers. the restrict act doesn't protect your data.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Kind of proud of the coli for collectively calling this bullshyt bill out for what it is. Regardless of political affiliation everyone can see this ain't it.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I like TikTok. Great time waster. I hate that the algorithm rarely ever puts me in ThotTok though and I gotta find my way there myself.

With that being said…. good riddance. shyt is clearly a Chinese spy and propaganda tool. They are using it to try and kill an entire generation. Turning them into clout monsters and sapping them of any motivation to pursue an actual career.

Think about it this way. Even if TikTok changes the intentions of 0.25% of American kids that’s a giant win for China. It starts eroding away at this country and gives China an advantage in the next 10 to 20 years.

They are playing the long game here.

TikTok has been given a crazy amount of time to delete user data on Chinese servers and have failed to do it. They’ve been caught letting the Chinese government access the data of US users and locations of journalists multiple times.

Did you even watch the video? You and a few others in this thread are missing the point. The bill isn’t just about TikTok, they’re just titling it “The TikTok Bill” for people like you. They’ll be able to ban ANYTHING they see fit if this bill is passed. Using a VPN will get you a minimum of 20 years Fed time. They’ll be able to spy on you and access all of your electronic communication for any reason.

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Tin foil hat foolishness. Like the government can't monitor you right now.
That’s not how this works. :mjlol:

The US government doesn’t spy on you. They outsource their spying to private companies. The spying all happens in Silicon Valley. Companies like Facebook and Google spy on you, then they relay that info to the US government.

TikTok creates a problem for them because it’s a foreign company that the US government doesn’t have control over. Banning TikTok will will redirect that market to shytty American knockoffs like “YouTube shorts”. Then they’ll be able to spy on you again.

giphy.gif

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
The responses in this thread lmao

Y’all really have no idea what’s happening :ohmy:
It's crazy how stupid some people are. They didn't even watch the video.

These are our voters, yall.

This bill is basically a Trojan Horse. It's a bunch of fukked up laws disguised as a "ban TikTok" bill. And all the brainwashed sheep parroting the same generic comments about how evil TikTok is

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
The responses in this thread lmao

Y’all really have no idea what’s happening :ohmy:
It's really sad. This is not about tik tok, I'd it was this would be a ban TikTok bill with nothing else added to it. This is about taking away the freedom of the internet so people can't communicate when they get upset with government policies.

Don't like Biden' fetish for trannies? U might be speaking to the fbi and doing jail time. Don't like the republican president? Better keep quiet unless u want a knock at your door 3am Iraq style.

This is not about TikTok. This is about disabling the American public's ability to communicate and protest.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
I'm conflicted about this... communist China government cannot be trusted.
I say they force company to sell to an American business in the US. That way US consumers who have made a living on tiktok will not be impacted