TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
how did they trick the youth? :jbhmm:
youth culture was always anti government...
...but now they are pro government.

mainstream young folks trust the politicians on the left...
...young folks who are "anti woke" trust the politicians on the right.

its all a big game

the gov can get anything through now because folks are only focused on trolling "the other side" online.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
youth culture was always anti government...
...but now they are pro government.

mainstream young folks trust the politicians on the left...
...young folks who are "anti woke" trust the politicians on the right.

its all a big game

the gov can get anything through now because folks are only focused on trolling "the other side" online.

youth culture have always been anti-authoritarian which is almost always against police actions which hasn't changed.

corporations have become more powerful than the yever have in the history of this country and people see government as the only way of reigning them.

Last edited:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
youth culture have always been anti-authoritarian which is almost always against police actions which has changed.

corporations have become more powerful than the yever have in the history of this country and people see government as the only way of reigning them.
yeah good luck with that.

the only thing that happens with more gov overreach is the type of person that goes into gov changes.
(money/power hungry people start going into politics)

so instead of Trump doing it in his latter years...
...young Trump would go straight into politics.

and you end up with a situation like South Korea where you have this semi caste system because the gov has all the power.

kids are taught "capitalism is evil" by people in schools that are paid by the government...
...see how that works?

imo people really arent passionate about anything...
...they have an identity to uphold.

thats pretty much it.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I don’t see your point. Besides, people were saying the same thing about Vine back in the day and Tik Tok is much better at it.

why should the government be in the business of regulating the minimum length of a video online?

why do you believe you should empower the government to regulate short videos online?

do you believe this form of censorship will ban apps like tiktok and force youtube to remove youtube shorts or instagram to remove reels?

why should the government be empowered to ban a business that hasn't been convicted of a crime? do you believe it'll only stop at tiktok?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
why should the government be in the business of regulating the minimum length of a video online?

why do you believe you should empower the government to regulate short videos online?

do you believe this form of censorship will ban apps like tiktok and force youtube to remove youtube shorts or instagram to remove reels?

why should the government be empowered to ban a business that hasn't been convicted of a crime? do you believe it'll only stop at tiktok?

Why do you think I support any of these positions? All I said is that vine/tik tok kills attention spans. There is a legit science behind this. That’s all I’m saying.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
been said theres no legal framework for banning apps or websites and we shouldn't have one at all since it's basically a tool for fascists.
It sucks because I think this app in general is some bullshyt and provides too much leverage over people's minds. So I definitely do think it should be banned considering China's version of tiktok is significantly different from the version here.

But this shyt opens a huge can of worms if they can ban this app. :francis:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
yeah good luck with that.

the only thing that happens with more gov overreach is the type of person that goes into gov changes.
(money/power hungry people start going into politics)

so instead of Trump doing it in his latter years...
...young Trump would go straight into politics.

and you end up with a situation like South Korea where you have this semi caste system because the gov has all the power.

kids are taught "capitalism is evil" by people in schools that are paid by the government...
...see how that works?

imo people really arent passionate about anything...
...they have an identity to uphold.

thats pretty much it.

schools don't teach that capitalism is evil even though it can can be argued it leads to many evil outcomes.

schools barely if ever tie the world ills and atrocities to capitalism.

people are passionate, the pandemic showed that when people didn't have to go into work everyday that many people spent their time doign things they've always wanted to do.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It sucks because I think this app in general is some bullshyt and provides too much leverage over people's minds. So I definitely do think it should be banned considering China's version of tiktok is significantly different from the version here.

But this shyt opens a huge can of worms if they can ban this app. :francis:

tiktok is different in every country due to culture and laws/regulations in place. if china removed all their social media laws, they'd have a very different version of their tiktok app which is actually named Douyin .

facebook and cambridge anaclitica scandal been shown that social media has an influence on users but no one is calling to ban facebook.