TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What? Do you actually understand what this conversation is about?

Yeah. the government wants to erase the citizenry rights to privacy. I was just trying to explain why tik tok is more damaging to a generation than IG, Facebook, etc. As far as data mining is concerned, I doubt it’s significantly worse than Facebook\IG

Daps
Yeah. the government wants to erase the citizenry rights to privacy. I was just trying to explain why tik tok is more damaging to a generation than IG, Facebook, etc. As far as data mining is concerned, I doubt it’s significantly worse than Facebook\IG
Facebook wrote the book they’re 1000 times worse, at least you can make money on tik tok. Facebook made a grip and didn’t pay anyone

Zime

Superstar
Daps
You’re not gonna ban clout. The floodgates are open and another company is gonna fill that void.
They don’t care as long as it’s an American company behind it. TikTok is one of the few social media apps to have surpassed all the other major social media apps, even Google and has managed to penetrate the worldwide market. The fact that it’s the only one that isn’t owned by an American company but China is what’s got them shook.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Sadly, its like the days of when folks got hit up because they're downloading music from Napster. Its just a modern take on it. On the real, I doubt the fuzz going to lock up every Tom, dikk, and Harry because they are trying to watch a blackout Baltimore game, but more so the ringleader that's making host streaming sites accessible for financial gain.

It all goes back to capitalism and if big business not getting a crumb of the pie, then nobodies eating.

the patriot act is used on gangs regularly.

The main conclusions of the analysis are that: (1) there is a logical connection between American street gangs and terrorism, and (2) the government needs to illustrate this logical connection for the American public in order to appease the civil liberties arguments against the Patriot Act. The authors begin by outlining the powers of the Patriot Act and the main civil liberty arguments against the Act. The Patriot Act allows law enforcement agencies greater access to personal records and greater surveillance capacity, which many view as a threat to individual civil liberties. Then they turn to an exploration of the street gang-terrorist connection, beginning with a description of two cases, one in 1986 and one in 2002, in which gang members were arrested for offering to aid terrorists. The influence of Islamic Fundamentalists on American street gangs is explored and involves a staunch anti-American sentiment that resonates with Black street gangs who already have a sense that the American Government has failed them. Street gangs are also drawn to the legitimacy that the cloak of religion offers them. Similarities between terrorist tactics and gang tactics, which both involve attacks by small groups with small arms, are explored and the recruitment of inmates by Islamic Fundamentalists and other terrorist groups is described as a widespread problem that could result in thousands of gang-related terrorists being released onto the streets of America. Note, references

Zime

Superstar
Daps
Are you slow? A TikTok ban is the dressing on a bill that will give the government and future presidents the power to ban or restrict anything the deem as a "threat".
Don't start crying if this pass and a future right wing fascist becomes president and start cracking down on your favorite platform or news source
These nikkas just dumb it’s sad
:mjlol:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
big-brother1984-1984.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Government can pretty much do what they want because they tricked the youth into being pro government with damn near everything.

you see it on this site.
as long as its blue its okay.

how did they trick the youth? :jbhmm:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

vine had even shorter videos and no one was railing on about shorter attention spans. :rudy:

Last edited:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I hate tiktok, I hate the culture behind it, I find it asinine but this bill is quite frankly a trojan horse

Gay drag queen cacs who say everything but the n-word and dance to high pitched songs from the 90s won't have a platform for a few months, sure, but everything else is a legal invasion of privacy
I never see any of the bolded and that’s what I love about tiktok… algorithm is on point