TikTok Ban (Restrict Act) Is Insane

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously the bill is not about TikTok or the privacy of citizens or the concern it has for children. It legitimizes the spying and back doors the government already has and gives them all the power to deem anything you do online illegal. Imagine going to jail for using a vpn which is a privacy tool in itself.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The responses in this thread lmao

Y’all really have no idea what’s happening :ohmy:
You could see this as the Patriot Act for the new generation of people.

AND

TikTok making zombies of my nieces and nephews and got them wanting to be influencers and TikTok stars instead of doing something with themselves.

Two different issues. You can have beef with both.

We see exactly what’s happening.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Obviously the bill is not about TikTok or the privacy of citizens or the concern it has for children. It legitimizes the spying and back doors the government already has and gives them all the power to deem anything you do online illegal. Imagine going to jail for using a vpn which is a privacy tool in itself.
The VPN line in the bill is speciifc to a banned app. There’s already content out there that will get you imprisoned if you access it, even with a VPN.

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act has far greater impact to the internet as we know it. That shyt would literally shut down 90% of social media. Republicans are coming for that next. And 99% of the people crying conspiracy couldn’t even tell you why it exists.

TikTok ban having GenZ up in arms and only old heads watching Section230 come under attack for the last decade tells you what this is really about. More brainwashed TikTok caping, clout, time wasting.

If they were given Section230 the same energy I’d probably sound different right now.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The responses in this thread lmao

Y’all really have no idea what’s happening :ohmy:

Super dangerous shyt.

You deserve to be a slave if you approve of this shyt

People are stuck on TikTok. As always there need to be a bogeyman to make these things palatable for the public.
Just imagine a future trump or desantis using this to stomp out woke or anything that criticize them as a "threat".

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP and his tiktok propaganda is why we need to ban it.

Are you slow? A TikTok ban is the dressing on a bill that will give the government and future presidents the power to ban or restrict anything the deem as a "threat".
Don't start crying if this pass and a future right wing fascist becomes president and start cracking down on your favorite platform or news source

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Sadly, even if this bill is as bad as dude says (I didn't read it) ...... no one is going to do shyt.
We can't mobilize young people politically and old people who vote won't care about this.
We already had Patriot Act, NSA scandal, and that Indian dude in the Trump admin who reversed the net neutrality laws giving more power to the telecomm companies
Nobody did shyt :unimpressed:
Only rights we seem to care about in this country is guns and abortions, otherwise government be doing whatever the fukk they want with barely a rally much less someone getting voted out

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to read the bill myself when I get a chance. Given all the misinformation out there and even though nothing in OP screams lies or untrue to me, given how crazy this is sounding, its something I definitely want to make sure is true before buying it.

If someone else wants to read it, here it is.