Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think it's def a cultural thing on why they're hard on drugs outside of tobacco. Also, I think we have to look at their governments are usually super conservative and they're on islands, so they can control the flow of drugs that enter their countries. It's interesting that because it's harder to get stuff like weed there that they resort to meth.

I think if you were to look historically they're probably harsh on drugs due to the opium that happened in China. Also, I think there have been some wars in the past that impact drug usage and laws. It's crazy though because their attitude towards weed for example that it's as bad as crack.

Anyway, if I were to take a wild guess it mostly boils down to culture values, conservative governments, and results of wars. I doubt they change their stance about it because even when an Asian person visits a western country they get shook if they hear about weed. It's just sad how hard on it because the media and fans will hound a person to a deep depression because of it. Also, they have to resort to heavy drinking for an escape which can be more damaging than weed and other drugs imo
Got to factor in alot of the people that run the govt in Asia are old heads exclusively

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst of Evil Episode 8

If they weren't so stupid, none of this would of happened. His wife should have had nothing to do with the case. :snoop:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzE0MmUzM2M2LWIyYzktNDU1Zi1iOTU1LTUwODI0ZjA5ZTU3My5qcGc=

Incredible film.

The Ferris Wheel scene :mjcry:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished Worst of Evil and that show is incredible. The acting in this was great and I thought Ji Chang Wook was the standout, but was also solid as a lead. I was surprised at how good Bibi was since this was her debut and she is a Korean singer, so it was a nice suprise to see her perform well. There are times when idols performances leave more to be desired and I didn't feel that way about her.

Also, the grittiness of the show is great and sets a nice tone. The cinematography was great and I felt having this set in the 90s helped the show. The best part about the show is it doesn't get over the top and I liked the grounded nature of it. This is probably the best k-drama I've watched this year.

I think I will try The Moving next.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
The cameo cast on Death Games is incredible lol.

They really went big, great show too.

But now got to wait for part 2 till Jan 5th…sane with Gyeongseong Creature.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Death Games was incredible & Gyeongseong Creatute has been renewed for season 2 which was dope also.

I need this in my veins. This exactly like something I want to watch. I was starting to think a lot of Korean movies and shows were getting schlocky

Last edited: