Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Through the darkness has some Mindhunter type vibes. Piff show.....one of the few K-Dramas with no romance bullshyt either.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk. As a Korean tv watcher this dude is probably a top 5 actor. Holy shyt
They don't play around about drugs in Asian countries. The media and people online will hound a person into a deep depression. It's sad what happens because instead of letting them get a proper rehab, they'll will hate the person and take them to a dark place.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They don't play around about drugs in Asian countries. The media and people online will hound a person into a deep depression. It's sad what happens because instead of letting them get a proper rehab, they'll will hate the person and take them to a dark place.

Anybody got an explanation why these countries go so hard on drug offenses, is it because of what happened to China?

DUIs I get but I can't help but feel :picard: about SK sending folks to the shadow realm over weak ass marijuana. Actor Lee Geung-young got caught up with :sitdown: charges on some Weinstein shyt and he only got a few months of prison and community service, only a minor inconvenience to his acting career. :francis:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody got an explanation why these countries go so hard on drug offenses, is it because of what happened to China?

DUIs I get but I can't help but feel :picard: about SK sending folks to the shadow realm over weak ass marijuana. Actor Lee Geung-young got caught up with :sitdown: charges on some Weinstein shyt and he only got a few months of prison and community service, only a minor inconvenience to his acting career. :francis:

From what I've read in this particular situation a major issue was that he was fukking with a madam who exposed that he was on some drug shyt. Apparently he portrays himself as a family man to the masses and fukking with whores and have police leak text messages of you telling whores you love them ain't a good look that on top of the drugs shyt plus the shame culture they have over there sent him over the edge I guess.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
From what I've read in this particular situation a major issue was that he was fukking with a madam who exposed that he was on some drug shyt. Apparently he portrays himself as a family man to the masses and fukking with whores and have police leak text messages of you telling whores you love them ain't a good look that on top of the drugs shyt plus the shame culture they have over there sent him over the edge I guess.

Damn, he probably could have survived that kind of bad PR if he was a Hollywood actor. Maybe only Disney would have blackballed him.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I think it's def a cultural thing on why they're hard on drugs outside of tobacco. Also, I think we have to look at their governments are usually super conservative and they're on islands, so they can control the flow of drugs that enter their countries. It's interesting that because it's harder to get stuff like weed there that they resort to meth.

I think if you were to look historically they're probably harsh on drugs due to the opium that happened in China. Also, I think there have been some wars in the past that impact drug usage and laws. It's crazy though because their attitude towards weed for example that it's as bad as crack.

Anyway, if I were to take a wild guess it mostly boils down to culture values, conservative governments, and results of wars. I doubt they change their stance about it because even when an Asian person visits a western country they get shook if they hear about weed. It's just sad how hard on it because the media and fans will hound a person to a deep depression because of it. Also, they have to resort to heavy drinking for an escape which can be more damaging than weed and other drugs imo