Thoughts on These 4KTVs for PS5?

Daps
if it's under 50in, your best bet would be a 4k gaming monitor (a quality one)

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
60hz
e6b8d70542f1fa88ebb765ec4fcc2063.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Preferring something less than 50 inches but don't want to spend anything more than $500.:whoa:
The good TVs are usually 65+ inches. Sometimes you can get a good one at 55 inches.

The TVs you've limited yourself to are pretty mediocre.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...ref=198&loc=Skimbit Ltd.&acampID=0&mpid=10078
I'd probably go with that one.

I'd probably spend on this one though
https://www.costco.com/vizio-50"-class---m-series---4k-quantum-led-lcd-tv.product.100686197.html
It's almost $400 Maybe you can find it somewhere but it's a 2019 model.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Variable refresh rate says otherwise.

That's not real, my CX it works on Spider-Man, on Ghost of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy Remake, but the motion blur used to cover up the missing frames is too distracting and thats 60 hz interpolated

all VRR DOES is stop studder and slow down when the frame rate of the game drops, because the screen will adjust to the frame rate on the game in real time, so if goes to 60fps to 30, you won't see any stutter because the refresh rate will change to 30hz then go back to 60hz after the jump

it's not going to magically let the console run at 120hz lmao

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's not real, my CX it works on Spider-Man, on Ghost of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy Remake, but the motion blur used to cover up the missing frames is too distracting and thats 60 hz interpolated

all VRR DOES is stop studder and slow down when the frame rate of the game drops, because the screen will adjust to the frame rate on the game in real time, so if goes to 60fps to 30, you won't see any stutter because the refresh rate will change to 30hz then go back to 60hz after the jump

it's not going to magically let the console run at 120hz lmao
There is no PlayStation console currently available that has an HDMI 2.1 port on it. The only home console on the market with an HDMI 2.1 port is the Xbox One X.

Also eARC is an HDMI 2.1 feature that gets you fully uncompressed Dolby Atmos.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no PlayStation console currently available that has an HDMI 2.1 port on it. The only home console on the market with an HDMI 2.1 port is the Xbox One X.

Also eARC is an HDMI 2.1 feature that gets you fully uncompressed Dolby Atmos.

You don't understand what I'm saying

some TVs have interpolations, LGs in general, since the Playstation PRO outputs 4k 60hz single with Pro Enhanced games

The software in my TV will artificial make the games of GOT, Spider-man, Horizon Zero Dawn appear 60fps in resolution mode
not performance mode

That's not VRR, that's interpolations has nothing to do with the inputs but the software in the TV

The controls and appearance look and feel 60fps, but there is a motion blurring effect to cover up the missing frames that aren't showing because the game is locked at 30, do you undertstand

VRR does not enhance the framerate, neither does GYNC or FREESYNC

If a game is running out an unlock frame rate you will have constant drops, when the frame drops to low suddenly you experience stutter or slow down, because the screen is refreshing too fast, VRR matches the refresh rate of the screen with whatever the game outputs in Real Time so it adjusts to the drops so you don't experience stutter or slow down

GYNC is for when the game is outputting more frames than the screen can refresh

so if my refresh rate is 60hz and I'm getting 120hz, GYNC will prevent the screen tearing, which happens when their are too many frames being outputted for the screen to refresh

If I'm running 120hz refresh rate, and only outputting 60hz, I will not have screen tearing and I will only see 60fps

do you understand

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You don't understand what I'm saying

some TVs have interpolations, LGs in general, since the Playstation PRO outputs 4k 60hz single with Pro Enhanced games

The software in my TV will artificial make the games of GOT, Spider-man, Horizon Zero Dawn appear 60fps in resolution mode
not performance mode

That's not VRR, that's interpolations has nothing to do with the inputs but the software in the TV

The controls and appearance look and feel 60fps, but there is a motion blurring effect to cover up the missing frames that aren't showing because the game is locked at 30, do you undertstand

VRR does not enhance the framerate, neither does GYNC or FREESYNC

If a game is running out an unlock frame rate you will have constant drops, when the frame drops to low suddenly you experience stutter or slow down, because the screen is refreshing too fast, VRR matches the refresh rate of the screen with whatever the game outputs in Real Time so it adjusts to the drops so you don't experience stutter or slow down

GYNC is for when the game is outputting more frames than the screen can refresh

so if my refresh rate is 60hz and I'm getting 120hz, GYNC will prevent the screen tearing, which happens when their are too many frames being outputted for the screen to refresh

If I'm running 120hz refresh rate, and only outputting 60hz, I will not have screen tearing and I will only see 60fps

do you understand
I misunderstood I thought you were saying him having HDMI 2.1 on a TV wasn't worth having because a console can't do 120 Hz.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nobody telling him to spend 2500 :mjlol: Stop with the hyperbolic. We just telling him it’s a complete waste of time to buy a 4K tv at that size. There are plenty of decent models to be had between 500 and 1k. These lower end models are awful for gaming
Again, that's why I'm staying out of these budget TV threads. I'm telling nikkas to spend a couple racks. :mjlol: Bargain basement TVs are damn near blasphemy with PS5, and especially Series X. You get ostracized and called "elitist" :mjlol:for telling someone find some extra bread for a respectable set to go with your $500+ new console. It's like buying a V12 Benz, then justifying putting 87 gas in it, and putting Costco tires on it.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
I hate to talk to a fellow PS5 patriot like this ...

But good brother all these TVs are trash, and none of them have hdmi 2.1 which is what you’ll need to enjoy some of the benefits of the station

My opinion ?

Save and get something nicer or buy a monitor that can do 4k 120 , maybe 1440p 120 .... not sure if ps5 will support that resolution natively though

I just copped the 55" q70T for $800 which is like the cheapest I believe for tvs that have the requirements for next gen

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Now that Sony finally release that video confirming the 2.1 update, gonna go ahead with the 55 X900H. Will hold off to see if any deals are run on the 55 or even the 65.