Those copping a PS5; Digital or Standard?

Which version are you getting?

• Digital

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Standard

Votes: 106 70.2%

• Total voters

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What's the difference. If you buy from the store it's the same shyt.. You have no choice but to install the game.
Ok lets try this again..............

I can go get a game off my boy for $5... can you do that on digital? No... Because sony sets the prices. Now they can let amazon sell you the digital code, but it's their code, they named the price and you still paying what Sony wants.....

Meanwhile... If my friend wants to sell me that exact same game for $5, I can do that... I can go on ebay and get a used one.. I can get a new one on gamefly for 20% off.. I can walk into best buy on a sale day and get it there. I can get a copy however, wherever I want, and also, still have the option to get it digital

You don't have that option.. Sony will name a price and if it's 6 years later and they still want to charge 59.99... you will have zero options to get a better price, because you're handcuffed to their digital store

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok lets try this again..............

I can go get a game off my boy for $5... can you do that on digital? No... Because sony sets the prices. Now they can let amazon sell you the digital code, but it's their code, they named the price and you still paying what Sony wants.....

Meanwhile... If my friend wants to sell me that exact same game for $5, I can do that... I can go on ebay and get a used one.. I can get a new one on gamefly for 20% off.. I can walk into best buy on a sale day and get it there. I can get a copy however, wherever I want, and also, still have the option to get it digital

You don't have that option.. Sony will name a price and if it's 6 years later and they still want to charge 59.99... you will have zero options to get a better price, because you're handcuffed to their digital store

Lmao my god you're stupid. I never borrowed a game, bought a used game, or traded in a game.. Gamestop will die this generation.

I don't even think you have a understanding of business. Sony isn't in competition with the stores... The competition is Microsoft and PC. They would be forced to have sales if the others do. nikka if Microsoft is selling NBA 2K21 for $40 you better believe Sony gonna do the same. In business you try to get as much money as possible. There will always be sales or they will give the game away for free and they'll make money off DLC, SKINS, and other shyt .

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Lmao my god you're stupid. I never borrowed a game, bought a used game, or traded in a game.. Gamestop will die this generation.

I don't even think you have a understanding of business. Sony isn't in competition with the stores... The competition is Microsoft and PC. They would be forced to have sales if the others do. nikka if Microsoft is selling NBA 2K21 for $40 you better believe Sony gonna do the same. In business you try to get as much money as possible. There will always be sales or they will give the game away for free and they'll make money off DLC, SKINS, and other shyt .
nikka shut up

You was wrong and here you go... Talking bout what YOU never did... Well congrats.. But that wasn't the point now was it? All you talking about is fukking sales and price matching.. None of that disproves what I said about SONY setting pricing on their games from their store, while other stores can set their own damn prices

Lets continue to blow up your dumb ass thinking... Last of Us comes on out on Sony... Ain't gonna be no comp from Microsoft cause they don't have the fukking game. So sony wants to sell the digital for $90 and my boy selling his for $25... Now if you got the digital only, where else you gonna get that game? No fukking where... Cause they have the monopoly on DIGITAL GAMES FOR THEIR SYSTEM

Yes you can get another system.... Yes you can get another ps5 with physical media.... So no they don't own an actual monopoly on video games... But ahhhh I never said that... I said they will own a monopoly ON THEIR STORE... so once you buy that digital, you'll be paying WHAT THEY SAY WITH NO OTHER OPTION

And that'll be all for today

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka shut up

You was wrong and here you go... Talking bout what YOU never did... Well congrats.. But that wasn't the point now was it? All you talking about is fukking sales and price matching.. None of that disproves what I said about SONY setting pricing on their games from their store, while other stores can set their own damn prices

Lets continue to blow up your dumb ass thinking... Last of Us comes on out on Sony... Ain't gonna be no comp from Microsoft cause they don't have the fukking game. So sony wants to sell the digital for $90 and my boy selling his for $25... Now if you got the digital only, where else you gonna get that game? No fukking where... Cause they have the monopoly on DIGITAL GAMES FOR THEIR SYSTEM

Yes you can get another system.... Yes you can get another ps5 with physical media.... So no they don't own an actual monopoly on video games... But ahhhh I never said that... I said they will own a monopoly ON THEIR STORE... so once you buy that digital, you'll be paying WHAT THEY SAY WITH NO OTHER OPTION

And that'll be all for today

You always have the option of Xbox or PC.. At least people with money do..:sas2:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You always have the option of Xbox or PC.. At least people with money do..:sas2:
I've had every system since super nintendo my brother..... And when you wanna run those PC benchmarks, I'm here for that too

People with money will be buying the physical version as it will be more expensive with more features.... maybe you too broke to make that connection before you posted :sas1:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've had every system since super nintendo my brother..... And when you wanna run those PC benchmarks, I'm here for that too

People with money will be buying the physical version as it will be more expensive with more features.... maybe you too broke to make that connection before you posted :sas1:
Features i already have? I didn't sell my ps4 or xbox when i upgraded to Xbox 1 x and ps4 pro.. i just give them to kids who don't have one.. PC I'm upgrading once 3080 drop..

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Standard.

Can't see myself going fully digital just yet.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Now that I agree with you on.... This shyt a 3 year rental at best
Last gen was a little weird because the consoles dropped with weak ass cpus. It was almost a necessity for a big refresh due to this and having to push 4x the graphics from 1080p to 4K with those tvs becoming prevalent.

This time they're ahead of the curve in some instances. I'm sure Sony and MS would rather just slim them down over time and save on production costs. An upgrade in a few years would get copped by me though :yeshrug: