Those copping a PS5; Digital or Standard?

Which version are you getting?

• Digital

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Standard

Votes: 106 70.2%

• Total voters

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I'm all for digital and 95% of my library is digital but the only way I'm copping digital is if all the physical versions are sold out. :snoop:

I've had several situations where the used version of a game was too cheap to justify getting the digital version.:yeshrug:

-For Black Ops 3 some dude was doing a dope discount for the physical version at GameStop and I preordered it for $10. No way I could justify the digital version over that.:yeshrug:
-Got RDR2 for $40 at Target as opposed to the $60 digital version.:yeshrug:
-Got Black Ops 4's and Injustice 2's physical version for a way cheaper than the digital at GameStop and the best part was that I didn't like them so I returned BO4 and sold Injustice 2 on Ebay. Can't do that with digital.:yeshrug:

If all things are equal then I'm choosing the digital version of a game 100% of the time but with a digital console you're at the mercy of the PS Store (though to be fair they have some good deals from time to time.:ehh:).

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
No nikka playing PS5 cares about the finer things. If you wanted the finer things you would be talking about getting a NVIDIA 3090, tenth generation intel gaming pc..
TIme is an extreme premium. I have many hobbies plus a family. PC gaming takes more time on average than console due to the inevitable bullshyt that crops up and console is where the folks I fukk with in real life game. Console gaming is convenient and good enough quality for the time invested.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
People are actually gonna pay $100 extra for a blu ray drive they'll never use... :mjlol:
What's wrong with that?

Maybe they have hard copy ps4 games they'll wanna play, or want a 4k bluray player, and if there's any hope for further backwards compatibility down the line, having the drive would be a plus.

$100 is not alot of money.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
People are actually gonna pay $100 extra for a blu ray drive they'll never use... :mjlol:
Not sure about the US but over here a newly released game is 60 euros physical, 70 euros digital. So depending on price the difference is earned in 10 games. But there have been multiple times I bought a game for the PS4 for 15/20 while the PS store still wanted 40 or even 60. Add to that that I borrow games from friends every once in a while and it's an easy choice:yeshrug:

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Going digital. Can use my xbox series x to watch dvds or blue rays. Will be going digital with the games on series X as well.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far close to 30% buying digital. Not bad at all and imagine it’ll probably increase as the generation goes on :ehh:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wrong with that?

Maybe they have hard copy ps4 games they'll wanna play, or want a 4k bluray player, and if there's any hope for further backwards compatibility down the line, having the drive would be a plus.

$100 is not alot of money.

Why not just buy the game again for $10 and save $90.. I wish we could go back to people not wanting to give up cds for mp3.

All these lies about PSN games costing more are bullshyt. These games always have sales you just have to catch them.

I think Sony needs to copy Microsoft. I downloaded RDR2, GOW5, Outer world, Devil May Cry 5, for $1...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Why not just buy the game again for $10 and save $90.. I wish we could go back to people not wanting to give up cds for mp3.

All these lies about PSN games costing more are bullshyt. These games always have sales you just have to catch them.

I think Sony needs to copy Microsoft. I downloaded RDR2, GOW5, Outer world, Devil May Cry 5, for $1...
Breh you keep leaving out USED games and discounts at other stores...

For example....

Last of Us 2 dropped last night.. I have gamefly. They sent me the game, it'll be here tuesday/wednesday... They'll let me keep it for 44.99... Plus I have two $5 off coupons for being a long time customer..

So on the same Friday everyone copped digital for 59.99.. I'll be copping it for 34.99..

Simple shyt like that. You think Sony giving me some money off? I been with them since Playstation 1... They ain't giving me shyt

Now when dudes play their copy for a month and beat it in 2 weeks and already want a new game, they'll be throwing it online for $30. You think Sony gonna sell that shyt for less than 59.99 anytime soon? You gonna trade that digital in when you realize a game is trash, 3 days in?