This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the fact that they're even entertaining the idea makes me wish Bridesmaids never came out. there have been maybe 3 classic female action heroes... Sarah Connor, Ripley and?? It's a terrible genre. Women aren't action stars, don't try to make them action stars.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because it hard to make a African king and a African country but it very easy to make a talking tree and a trigger happy racc00n..from space :snoop:

This. In the end, they will green light movies they think will make money and for some reason they feel Guardians of the Galaxy with a talking racc00n will outdo the Black Panther. They must think people aren't gonna support the movie. Don't know if that makes them racist or the American public racist.

I've kinda fallen out of comics for a while. Does GOTG have a big following?
I know Black Panther has his own comic and X-Men and Avengers involvement so I don't really understand how he wouldn't be marketable.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are people really shocked they would make a She-Expendables before a Black Panther movie?

People want to see bytches. Don't nobody wanna see no nikkas. :stopitslime:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
This. In the end, they will green light movies they think will make money and for some reason they feel Guardians of the Galaxy with a talking racc00n will outdo the Black Panther. They must think people aren't gonna support the movie. Don't know if that makes them racist or the American public racist.

I've kinda fallen out of comics for a while. Does GOTG have a big following?
I know Black Panther has his own comic and X-Men and Avengers involvement so I don't really understand how he wouldn't be marketable.

I hope it flops worst than Green Lantern

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are people really shocked they would make a She-Expendables before a Black Panther movie?

People want to see bytches. Don't nobody wanna see no nikkas. :stopitslime:

something about women that arent acting cute or trying to be saved it a big thing...and plus girl power always sells

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
They'd need a "bankable" star to do a Black Panther movie and there arent too many left that aren't involved in some kind of comic adaptation or another. Will Smith is too expensive, Wesley Snipes is too old and incarcerated. Michael Jai White would be perfect but he's not what Hollywood would consider "bankable". Iris Elba is another idea but he's in Thor......

Hollywood is EXTREMELY less likely to take a chance on an unknown back actor as they are an unknown CAC. Look at how many movies they thrust Taylor Kitsch, Sam Worthington, and Ryan Reynolds in that have bombed horribly and yet their STILL considered "leading Men". Nobodies going to spend $150 million+ on budgeting a Black Panther movie and watch it bomb like Green Latern did. And we ALL know Green Latern didn't bomb because of Ryan Reynolds, the movie just sucked, period. I saw it in the movie theater and it's one of the ONLY movies I've ever paid to see that I had to struggle to stay awake for.... Just trash.... Get a STRONG script with a STRONG Actor who fits the part (ala Chris Hemsworth. Who the hell knew who he was before Thor?) and you've got a hit movie with one of Marvel's iconic characters....

You right, but that reminds me of another thing: where is the next generation of black actors? All those dudes are in their 40s and 50s. If Black Hollywood is going to come back strong, they need new blood.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel has been fukking over T'Challa in the comics lately, so it's not surprising that they are making a Black Panther flick.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they just needed to fold Wakanda/T'Challa into the Avengers universe in bits and pieces. Of course it's too late now with IM3, CA2, and Thor2 in production. :shaq2:

this. believe it or not, it's easier to sell a batshyt crazy guardians of the galaxy movie, with wacked out, russian-speaking telepathic dogs, sentient trees and badass alien bytches with 40DD's and 40cal's then it will be to sell black panther.

at worst, guardians comes off as a star wars knockoff.

black panther? :yeshrug:

their best bet is to intro him on some ninja gaiden-meets-the hulk-meets captain america shyt in a sequel, get everybody going crazy, and then roll him out. his story is too ambitious to drop him on some standalone shyt out the gate. get ppl invested, rather than assume they'll care because of how great his story is.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its pathetic. blade paved the way for all of this and he was as obscure as they come. seriously. name a dope comic movie from marvel before blade.

blade aint really about a black character as much as it's about an unstoppable, terminator-light vampire hybrid and his crazy, demonspawn half-cousins. he's cooler because he's black. but it's not essential to his story.

luke cage? black panther? steel? THOSE are black superheroes. and whether u wanna admit it or not, it's a much harder sell.

only black movies guaranteed to do numbers right now are shuck-and-jive-ass tyler perry flicks. :fire:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
blade aint really about a black character as much as it's about an unstoppable, terminator-light vampire hybrid and his crazy, demonspawn half-cousins. he's cooler because he's black. but it's not essential to his story.

luke cage? black panther? steel? THOSE are black superheroes. and whether u wanna admit it or not, it's a much harder sell.

only black movies guaranteed to do numbers right now are shuck-and-jive-ass tyler perry flicks. :fire:

thats a terrible justification. thats like saying "well black panther isnt about the black character as much as its about the leader and ruler of a country and his efforts to keep the peace and to continue fukking halle barry"

can you imagine trying to sell blade before the movies? dudes character was near non-existent, alot of blades personality and so-called "cool factor" was ret-conned after the movie.