This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Let's be honest. The main reason why they don't want to do a Black Panther movie is because the character's name would scare a lot of white folks away.

Hollywood doesn't care about the true comic book fans. They only care about what's going to make the most money. I wish Marvel would grow some balls and at least have Black Panther to make an appearance in one of these upcoming movies.

this plus him sonning FF(all of them) and putting silver surfer in an armbar would have cacs :fire:

70's black panther>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>batman

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Honestly, i dont think Marvel is specifically avoiding the character. Marvel didnt even give a shyt enough to have him included in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and it was stated out in the open they were using that game as a way to introduce more characters into the mainstream for film purposes. I mean sure a lot of people here care because he is black but lets be honest, The Black Panther is not a comic popular character. If i was running the studio i sure wouldnt be in a hurry to make a movie for a character that isnt popular and doesnt stand to make a lot of money at the box office. Sounds like a quick way to get my ass fired.

If i wanted to make films for lower tier characters i would revisit Daredevil, The Punisher, and Deadpool. Or focus on Dr. Strange or Iron Fist as new franchises. The Black Panther would be way down on the list.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:what:

terrence-howard-photo.jpg

don-cheadle-01.jpg

no one would notice that change
:snoop:

look the same to me

:manny:

:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They'd need a "bankable" star to do a Black Panther movie and there arent too many left that aren't involved in some kind of comic adaptation or another. Will Smith is too expensive, Wesley Snipes is too old and incarcerated. Michael Jai White would be perfect but he's not what Hollywood would consider "bankable". Iris Elba is another idea but he's in Thor......

Hollywood is EXTREMELY less likely to take a chance on an unknown back actor as they are an unknown CAC. Look at how many movies they thrust Taylor Kitsch, Sam Worthington, and Ryan Reynolds in that have bombed horribly and yet their STILL considered "leading Men". Nobodies going to spend $150 million+ on budgeting a Black Panther movie and watch it bomb like Green Latern did. And we ALL know Green Latern didn't bomb because of Ryan Reynolds, the movie just sucked, period. I saw it in the movie theater and it's one of the ONLY movies I've ever paid to see that I had to struggle to stay awake for.... Just trash.... Get a STRONG script with a STRONG Actor who fits the part (ala Chris Hemsworth. Who the hell knew who he was before Thor?) and you've got a hit movie with one of Marvel's iconic characters....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocket Racc00n was in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and he is definitely not a popular comic character. Guess what? They are making a movie with him in it. Who in the hell cares about Rocket Racc00n?

Black Panther deserves something in these movies. In my opinion, Ant Man doesn't translate well onscreen to what they've already built with these Marvel movies.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
That's some crazy racism/ignorance to think no one could tell the difference between Terrence Howard, who's six foot and light skinned, and Don Cheadle, who's 5'8" and dark skinned.

But let's be honest--the real reason they won't do a Black Panther movie is because no one would go see it. They saw the dump Red Tails took at the box office :mjpls:

Sadly, this is true.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
That's some crazy racism/ignorance to think no one could tell the difference between Terrence Howard, who's six foot and light skinned, and Don Cheadle, who's 5'8" and dark skinned.

But let's be honest--the real reason they won't do a Black Panther movie is because no one would go see it. They saw the dump Red Tails took at the box office :mjpls:

Yes, because Red Tails and a potential blockbuster superhero movie are very similar... :steviej:

And if you're just talking general Black movies, I don't think the studios were complaining about the Think Like A Man profits. :mjpls:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, because Red Tails and a potential blockbuster superhero movie are very similar... :steviej:

And if you're just talking general Black movies, I don't think the studios were complaining about the Think Like A Man profits. :mjpls:

:comeon:

Don't play obtuse like that. You know exactly what I mean.

And, yes, Red Tails and a blockbuster superhero would be very similar in certain respects, so... sarcasm fail.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rocket Racc00n was in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and he is definitely not a popular comic character. Guess what? They are making a movie with him in it. Who in the hell cares about Rocket Racc00n?

Black Panther deserves something in these movies. In my opinion, Ant Man doesn't translate well onscreen to what they've already built with these Marvel movies.

A movie with him in it =/= he has his own movie.

And the only reason Rocket Racc00n is in the movie is because he's one of the few members of Guardians of the Galaxy that people know.

A better question would be, why the hell are they making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie in the first place.

Fred.