This Taylor Swift tour got the whole USA in a chokehold

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i guess i am being choked by her and kpop but i dont even feel it.

no diss to her, she is talented but music today is all about silos. her tribe of young white girls are pretty much the only people into this. it aint like the old days when we all would hear some madonna songs even if we werent into that scene. only time im aware of stuff like this is during superbowl half time shows.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I had no idea she was on tour and I don’t know anyone who follows her. To this day the only song I’ve ever heard was “Shake it Off”.

Either I live under a rock or cacs only secretly bump her music in their homes with headphones on. I know white people who fukk with all kinds of artists but I have literally never known anyone who was openly a Taylor Swift fan. Shyt is weird :ld:
its women and gay dudes man. Especially white women

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah. Folks are exposing themselves in here. Black people don't listen to this shyt.
My Playlist from the last two days has had Aerosmith, John Mellencamp, Christina Aguilera, Suga Free, Snoop, Pac, Luda/Usher, Brandy, Aaliyah, Britney, Willa Ford, Martika, Roxette, Savage Garden, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Big Syke, DJ Quik, Biggie, Mariah..
I don't think I've ever played Taylor the entire time she's been out.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
i guess i am being choked by her and kpop but i dont even feel it.

no diss to her, she is talented but music today is all about silos. her tribe of young white girls are pretty much the only people into this. it aint like the old days when we all would hear some madonna songs even if we werent into that scene. only time im aware of stuff like this is during superbowl half time shows.
Yep. Musical and cultural tastes are much more insular than before. As a consumer, it’s much easier to listen to music that caters to your tastes, aesthetics and sensibilities and automatically ignore everything else. It’s a world of niches and YouTube/social media/internet killed the crossover mtv superstar. Artists can only be big in their musical lane and that’s it, outside of their core audience, no one cares and its nearly impossible for them to gain new fans and convert new/different people to their music.(Of course there are some exceptions, I'm talking about the new normal in the music industry now)They can only attract their crowd on some your vibes attract your tribe shyt. There is no fanbase overlap between Taylor swift and almost any rapper except maybe Drake. There is no fanbase crossover Between bro country singers and modern Jazz artists.

The dominant ubiquitousness of MTV between 1980-2010 allowed a general monoculture of music. Before the internet/social media/youtube/ modern video gaming era, everyone watched TV , it was maybe the only source of entertainment alongside with terrestial radio, back then TV had a wide and massive cultural and technological reach. Because of that, people were exposed to artists and musical genres they normally didn’t listen to. And as a result, a lot of people expanded their musical tastes/repertoire. Pure white bread cacs knew Mary J bilge, Bobby Brown, Puff Daddy, Mase and Jodeci were because they saw their videoclips while they were waiting for a Metallica, Green Day or Madonna song to come out. And through exposure, some cacs became fans of r&b, soul and hip-hop. Same thing for brehs/brehettes , black folks knew about Nirvana, Avril Lavigne, Garth brooks and Bon Jovi because of mtv exposure. That’s how we got some black generation x nirvana fans.

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Taylor Swift is the biggest pop star right now but, funnily enough, she doesn't feel as big as pop stars in the past like Britney, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or even peak Rihanna.

She doesn't have a larger than life persona and her hits outside 1989 don't feel as widespread as other people's hits.

Still, she has the largest following of any pop star today.
Is she bigger than bad bunny unless you are only referring to female pop stars

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Yeah. Folks are exposing themselves in here. Black people don't listen to this shyt.
Nah some definitely do, they're just not keyed in with the culture though.

She strikes me like if Dave Matthew's band was a single person. Couldn't name a song or melody myself but will take over a city with white people when they do a concert.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nah some definitely do, they're just not keyed in with the culture though.

She strikes me like if Dave Matthew's band was a single person. Couldn't name a song or melody myself but will take over a city with white people when they do a concert.
That‘s a general false assumption to make.

That’s also selling her short as an artist as she’s wayyyy bigger than Dave Matthe’s band was even at their peak which is hard to believe.

Last edited: