This Taylor Swift tour got the whole USA in a chokehold

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There's a ton of hate, lies, misdirected hate at Taylor in here...

In terms of cultural appeal and impact, Taylor is White Beyonce of her generation. Her influence abd following crosses demographics. Her fanbase certainly isn't anywhere close to majority black----->but it isn't exactly rare to find someone black who listens to her. It's not a rarity. There are absolutely black Taylor Swift fans...

And there's no way you interact with White people on a daily basis and don't know how popular she is. Her popularity is astounding, there's no word for it...

She also White Beyonce because people have critiqued her for years in favor of either older artists or artists of her time they perceive as better. In this thread, all the critiques of her have been levied many times over: voice is mid, weak songs, bland personality, etc. People nitpick her and she still became arguably the biggest musical act of the last 15 years...

She's like that. I'm a fan, not a diehard, but I'm literally only 6 months older than her. She been popping since like '07...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

:mjlol:A POSTER NAMED
HOOD B GOODE
IS MAKING THREADS ABOUT
TAYLOR SWIFT AS IF WE GIVE A fukk.
:devil:
:evil:

200.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't get the appeal either, but she is definitely bigger than Britney is.

her vs Beyonce is the modern day Madonna vs Janet to me.

But from her interviews and shyt, Taylor is actually a real one. Her :mjpls: daddy tried to talk her out of not speaking against dat fukkboi Trump and Rethug goofies and she stood her ground.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Spence

Superstar
Daps
That stadium is PACKED!

How do they get away with selling seats behind the stage? :why:
Idk how they pulled that off :pachaha:

That said I remember seeing an article about Ticketmaster making an absolute GRIP off ticket fees and even cheap nosebleed seats were like $600 per person :mjlol:

Couldn’t be me, my daughters ask to go to some bullshyt like that we catching a flight to an exotic destination for that kind of money instead :heh:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Vocals. Trash
Entertainer skills. Trash
Stage presence. Trash

Her only real talent is whiteness. People are crazy trying to do backflips to give her some type of accolades to justify her appeal. “She’s a master songwriter”. :mjlol:
NOPE.

Elevation of this level of mediocrity in music is just an indication that the industry is at an all time low. We all know it. But just don’t wanna admit it. So people fall in line and pretend the emperor is dressed in the best fits…when really his balls hanging out on the throne.

And no I’m not hating because that’s an excuse people give if you level any criticism at her. I’m telling the truth. Nothing said could convince me she has any real talent. After Kanye did that staged shyt at the MTV awards, whites rallied around her to protect her from the “big ole black male meanie”!

“Whiteness” is her appeal. :yeshrug:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Vocals. Trash
Entertainer skills. Trash
Stage presence. Trash

Her only real talent is whiteness. People are crazy trying to do backflips to give her some type of accolades to justify her appeal. “She’s a master songwriter”. :mjlol:
NOPE.

Elevation of this level of mediocrity in music is just an indication that the industry is at an all time low. We all know it. But just don’t wanna admit it. So people fall in line and pretend the emperor is dressed in the best fits…when really his balls hanging out on the throne.

And no I’m not hating because that’s an excuse people give if you level any criticism at her. I’m telling the truth. Nothing said could convince me she has any real talent. After Kanye did that staged shyt at the MTV awards, whites rallied around her to protect her from the “big ole black male meanie”!

“Whiteness” is her appeal. :yeshrug:
You know people said similar shyt Madonna too, right? My 55-year old mom who lived thru Madonna's run, to this day calls Madonna an "overrated white woman"...

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
You know people said similar shyt Madonna too, right? My 55-year old mom who lived thru Madonna's run, to this day calls Madonna an "overrated white woman"...
Your mom is right.:russ: Madonna was overrated too. Popular don’t equal talent. In a world where Trump was elected president, I’m not shocked that barely talented hacks can leverage whiteness to amass a cult following.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Taylor Swift had like 2 songs I thought were catchy.

But I don’t get the hype over this girl.

She’s less talented than middling pop stars of the 1980s like Susanna Hoffs.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Your mom is right.:russ: Madonna was overrated too. Popular don’t equal talent. In a world where Trump was elected president, I’m not shocked that barely talented hacks can leverage whiteness to amass a cult following.
I don't know man, I see Taylor's talent. Granted I fully agree with you that being a blonde white woman absolutely not just gave her an entry into The Game, it's shielded her from harsher realities of the industry and exaggerated some of her skillset...

But to call her untalented isn't exactly true. My same mother also calls Beyonce untalented because she stans Janet and Anita and Sade and compares Beyonce unfavorably to them, rather than evaluating what exactly Beyonce has thar has made her great. So I'm not sure I'd take my mom's word as bond if I were you 😂 🤣

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I don't know man, I see Taylor's talent. Granted I fully agree with you that being a blonde white woman absolutely not just gave her an entry into The Game, it's shielded her from harsher realities of the industry and exaggerated some of her skillset...

But to call her untalented isn't exactly true. My same mother also calls Beyonce untalented because she stans Janet and Anita and Sade and compares Beyonce unfavorably to them, rather than evaluating what exactly Beyonce has thar has made her great. So I'm not sure I'd take my mom's word as bond if I were you 😂 🤣
Oh I’ve had similar criticisms of Beyoncé in the past too…so once again…your moms ain’t lying. I’ll never be a Bey stan. But at least Beyoncé has a good vocal range and tone and is an excellent entertainer. She has worked hard for her success even if she ain’t my favorite voice in the industry.

But Taylor? Swift?! NOPE.