This Taylor Swift tour got the whole USA in a chokehold

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
As someone who has produced and coordinated concerts for a living you would be surprised at the type of faces who would show up for a concert or show.

But as to Taylor Swift, she is the preeminent pop star of her generation. When they had issues with her tickets over in NY these little 5 foot white girls turning into She Hulks.

Last edited:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
She puts on a great show and a lot of her concerts go well past 2 hours. Going to see her in concert at the end of May.
@Cereal_Bowl_Assassin when those Taylor Swift tickets are still available and his order goes through
dave-chappelle-yes.gif

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Not my favorite artist by a longshot. But saying she's not one of if not the biggest popstar of the past 20 years is being just dishonest. Being totally objective.
Are ppl saying that?? Or are they saying that Taylor is not held up in any esteem amongst Black culture/community?? I like a good bit of Taylor music(as well as some Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato who are better vocalist by far) but not enough to ever pay for a ticket for her. She's cool but she's never "crossed over" to the Black community and she don't need to and the majority doesn't care either way.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Here's what I know about Taylor Swift. A couple white broads at work were talkin about going to one of these shows. I also used to fukk with a PAWG that listened to some of her music.

That's all I got.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
To be fair to the Dave Matthews Band, there were multiple black people in the band and they had some older black fans. A lot of black people over 50 just enjoy live music and while that mainly revolves around r&b or smooth jazz, you definitely see black people ending up as Bruce Springsteen or Dave Matthews Band fans too.

Most interesting thing about Taylor Swift to me is that in an era where pop music is largely driven/dominated by rap music, she's done her own thing totally disconnected from anything we'd consider hip or cool. Her new album has Kendrick's main producer all over it, but the instrumentals don't sound "hip hip." She's not out here throwing Nicki Minaj on remixes or trying to barge in and seem cool. She just does her thing and has white girls in a complete thrall. Dunno if she has a big gay guy group of fans, like many pop stars. I'm actually curious if she does lol.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
To be fair to the Dave Matthews Band, there were multiple black people in the band and they had some older black fans. A lot of black people over 50 just enjoy live music and while that mainly revolves around r&b or smooth jazz, you definitely see black people ending up as Bruce Springsteen or Dave Matthews Band fans too.

Most interesting thing about Taylor Swift to me is that in an era where pop music is largely driven/dominated by rap music, she's done her own thing totally disconnected from anything we'd consider hip or cool. Her new album has Kendrick's main producer all over it, but the instrumentals don't sound "hip hip." She's not out here throwing Nicki Minaj on remixes or trying to barge in and seem cool. She just does her thing and has white girls in a complete thrall. Dunno if she has a big gay guy group of fans, like many pop stars. I'm actually curious if she does lol.

You're definitely right about her mostly sticking in her lane apart from being "cool". She has dipped her toe with rap features with ppl like Kendrick and Future but she's so disconnected from Hip Hop as an entity that I bet most rap fans don't know that.

Ppl also have to take into account that Taylor got her beginnings in country music. That genre is absolutely huge but still siloed with extremely loyal fans. She brought her fanbase from there through her journey into pop music. That's white women, some white gays from ages 18-35 at least and the music is inoffensive enough to pick up fans younger or older.

Black artists who are at that level tend to have a harder road because they have diverse fanbases by nature. They go left a huge portion of their audience wish they went right or vice versa. Taylor is like the Republicans, she doesn't have to do much to keep her constituents satisfied and she could just focus on them and see no dip in her stream, sales or touring revenue.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
She had 3 days here at cowboys stadium

110k people sold out all 3 days

3 hour show, multiple sets and dress changes

We’re not worthy :blessed:
Them cac women were out there wildin too. shyt didn’t make sense. I went to the NBA ASG at AT&T and the traffic wasn’t as bad as that night

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol: fukk her and those cac publications hyping her up. “Hard to find a bigger cultural impact this year” when Beyonce is about to crush the buildings and do more numbers? :comeon:
I swear you nikkas live in a different reality. Try too damn hard to appear pro-black to the point you just start making up lies :heh:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no idea she was on tour and I don’t know anyone who follows her. To this day the only song I’ve ever heard was “Shake it Off”.

Either I live under a rock or cacs only secretly bump her music in their homes with headphones on. I know white people who fukk with all kinds of artists but I have literally never known anyone who was openly a Taylor Swift fan. Shyt is weird :ld:

Imagine if Beyonce was a cac than multiply it by a factor of 5