This Taylor Swift tour got the whole USA in a chokehold

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
You know people said similar shyt Madonna too, right? My 55-year old mom who lived thru Madonna's run, to this day calls Madonna an "overrated white woman"...
Your mother is half right.

Madonna couldn't sing if you put a gun to her head. But she trailblazed in terms of content so she's got that.
If the world was fair, Swift would be a popular songwriter who writes for much better singers. Something like the pop Bob Dylan.

Her actually picking up the mic and singing herself? An attack on decency, decorum and the value of the American dollar.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That‘s a general false assumption to make.

That’s also selling her short as an artist as she’s wayyyy bigger than Dave Matthe’s band was even at their peak which is hard to believe.
Breh, I'm black from a black city with black friends.

I don't know who Dave Matthew's band is aside from every single year, it seems like white people take over downtown Hartford Ct and some days later I'm told Dave Matthew's band was just in town by the news or someone at work.

Two America's with little overlap.

You clearly live in that small space.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I don’t consider Drake a pop artist either, but people are starting to blur the lines these days by lumping in those guys as pop artist based on their success.
Black artists have always been considered "pop" when crackers start loving them. Though to be fair to modernity, I think music genres have evolved to the point they mirror each other today more than in eras past. Hip hop has been the largest, most popular musical art form from the 2010s forward, so really that alone, being the most "pop"ular genre, could make the argument that the biggest hip hop artists are pop...

But white folk have always called our biggest artists pop when they start loving em...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Breh, I'm black from a black city with black friends.

I don't know who Dave Matthew's band is aside from every single year, it seems like white people take over downtown Hartford Ct and some days later I'm told Dave Matthew's band was just in town by the news or someone at work.

Two America's with little overlap.

You clearly live in that small space.
You’re still selling Taylor Swift short as a lot of black people know she is based on the Kanye situation even if you don’t rock with her music like that. You may not know who they are, but that doesn’t speak for everyone else.

Some Coli posters gotta stop living their own bubble as they are missing out.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
These old ass dudes don't listen to anything but the same Gnauze verses from 20 years ago and expect everybody else to do the same. :mjlol:
Hell of a span between listening to Nas and then Becky White Privilege on her 13th album breh.

If the world was fair La Havas would have Swifts spot, as she writes her own ish too n can sing clouds out of the sky.

But she's not the perfected bland sip of White Girl Mediocrity in a Walmart basket that Swift is, so she eats but she's not fat.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You’re still selling Taylor Swift short as a lot of black people know she is based on the Kanye situation even if you don’t rock with her music like that. You may not know who they are, but that doesn’t speak for everyone else.

No, I'm not saying I don't know who Taylor Swift is.

That'd only be possible if I lived like a hermit in a cave.

I'm saying outside of like her first song with the cheerleader/bleachers line, I couldn't name a single melody of one of her songs. That and players gonna play play play, shake it off. And the second one is because it was in mad commercials.

And my experience is most black people I know are on that same wavelength.

Hence the Dave Matthew reference.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No, I'm not saying I don't know who Taylor Swift is.

That'd only be possible if I lived like a hermit in a cave.

I'm saying outside of like her first song with the cheerleader/bleachers line, I couldn't name a single melody of one of her songs. That and players gonna play play play, shake it off. And the second one is because it was in mad commercials.

And my experience is most black people I know are on that same wavelength.

Hence the Dave Matthew reference.
That's from your experience though and doesn't speak for everyone else.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Man if I had her fan base, I’d tweet “to all my fans, if y’all want a world tour, Zelle me $1.”

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Black artists have always been considered "pop" when crackers start loving them. Though to be fair to modernity, I think music genres have evolved to the point they mirror each other today more than in eras past. Hip hop has been the largest, most popular musical art form from the 2010s forward, so really that alone, being the most "pop"ular genre, could make the argument that the biggest hip hop artists are pop...

But white folk have always called our biggest artists pop when they start loving em...
To me pop music is just music that your average white people/basic suburban white folks find palatable, socially acceptable, accessible and catchy, when people in the music industry say that their next album will be more pop-oriented/flavoured, when they say they want to reach mainstream public and expand their fanbase, they basically mean they want to see basic suburban white folks at their shows. They want to get their hands on that middle america money . From a business point of view, wanting to gain white fans makes sense because cacs are still the majority in America and as a group, they have the most disposable income in the country.

Last edited:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I like Taylor swift but not enough to go to a concert. She makes good catchy music yet at the same time it’s not that good… she’s just really overhyped in the white community and I don’t understand it.

I guess she’s this generation’s Brittany spears.

I know it’s mostly white girls and white women going to this concert. I’m just curious if black girls are showing out like that to these concerts. I don’t think they are.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps

:russ::mjlol::pachaha: