This scene shook me to my core as a kid (Fresh Prince, Carlton called a sellout)

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Bring back Uncle Phil

:mjcry:

They already did

will-smith-uncle-phil.jpg

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's EXACTLY what happened by the last few seasons :mindblown:

that's once he said it was over. season 5 during filming he told the cast he was only filming one more season so they mailed in the scripts once Lisa didn't want to get married.

Only thing I remember about season 6 was Will set the kitchen on fire, Ashley and Hillary moved to NY, and will/carlton lost money in vegas/met wayne newton.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What worked was that Carlton was made to be a multi-dimensional person.

On one hand he was preppy snob smart kid, but he could also dance, was legit swole and surprisingly had a decent amount of success with women before he'd fukk it up. He wasn't as helpless as like Urkel or someone.

Urkel was the far superior basketball player. Urkle major problem was he spent too much time on Laura though it paid off by the time no one was watches the show in CBS, lol..

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This goofy bytch ass nikkas on here just gonna say some weak shyt like “we just call em how we see em”. All the while they don’t do shyt for black folk

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Thread is low-key a Carlton appreciation thread and I have no problem with that. Carlton is one of the most well written sitcom characters ever.

When we're introduced to him he on some "the police are my friends and help everyone!" shyt until he gets his wake-up call when he gets locked up with will after being suspected of stealing their own car.

He's left alone in the hood by will who's out here thinking he'd get that work and in a matter of hours gets accepted and starts running shyt with his own goons

When will gets hurt and is in the hospital he goes and gets some heat and seems ready for that action while everyone else is cracking jokes.

He's a character that eventually stops being what Cacs think he should be, and what Will thinks he should be and just starts being himself. He stops being as naive about the intentions of white people and doesn't allow himself to fit into any specific role. He stands up on his own and makes his own way.

GOAT sitcom :wow:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That's EXACTLY what happened by the last few seasons :mindblown:

Yeah, in the last season, Will starts to get noticeably dumber. Maybe not dumber, but more childish. He'll say or do something in a scene and the other characters will just be like :francis: :scust: :dwillhuh: :patrice: because they don't understand what's wrong with him.

He had the story arc with his new job and trying to prove himself, but a lot of the episodes in the last season were just goofy stories like the Vegas trip, getting tossed in jail on Thanksgiving, murderous clowns, and being hooked on laughing gas with William Shatner. :russ:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Yeah, in the last season, Will starts to get noticeably dumber. Maybe not dumber, but more childish. He'll say or do something in a scene and the other characters will just be like :francis: :scust: :dwillhuh: :patrice: because they don't understand what's wrong with him.

He had the story arc with his new job and trying to prove himself, but a lot of the episodes in the last season were just goofy stories like the Vegas trip, getting tossed in jail on Thanksgiving, murderous clowns, and being hooked on laughing gas with William Shatner. :russ:

Yoooo :ohhh: I've never thought FP had any bad episodes but when you write it out like this shyt sounds utterly ridiculous :mjlol::russ:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
But wasn't Will clowning Carlton the entire series for the exact same reason?

that was the earlier years when their worlds collided.
carlton was kind of pompous and will would throw it back in his face.

aye, yall remember that time they had that bet that carlton couldn't survive a week in west philly?? then carlton turned into nino brown.:laugh:

Last edited: