This scene shook me to my core as a kid (Fresh Prince, Carlton called a sellout)

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
What's wrong? You're gonna be homeless when your aunt and uncle sell the house while your cousins move on to good jobs and college.

Hilary was goofy as hell and still got her shyt together.

And don't "reaching" out there :laugh: just to disagree. I know this series as much as anyone on here.

the only one who was leaving with a job, was Hillary, who was older.

I said you were reaching because you were nit-picking.

I wonder how these shows where black men such as Carlton were constantly made fun of for being into academics and the like, shaped the way blacks view other such black men...

carlton was never made fun of for getting good grades.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: He was the funniest character on the show BY FAR. Carlton had the most classic moments on the show

anybody know the name of the chick in the screenshot?

and wasn't she in the sugar hill movie??

which was pretty phony coming from uncle phill. 1= he dislikse jazz and throw him out the house like he's trash. 2 don cheadle played his homeboy from philly who was crushing on hillary and the uncle and aunt viv wasn't feeling it. basically, the producers were trying to insert the old jealously from Negros who had a problem with buppie blacks controlling everything

that's one of the best things about this show.

they gave you the perspectives from both angles.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

anybody know the name of the chick in the screenshot?

Natalie Venetia Belcon

hjw42Co.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's EXACTLY what happened by the last few seasons :mindblown:

cool...wasn’t just me...I’m gonna even go out on a ledge and say in some of the later episodes in the final season he came off like a poor imitation of martin...I imagine they both had some influence on each other while shooting bad boys together

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
basically...I understand him defending his cuz’n 1000% but he was acting like he was completely oblivious to why dude felt the way he did about carlton :mjlol:

in fairness, it was a different carlton by that point.

when Will used to come at his neck, carlton was very pompous & arrogant.
by the time they got to college, carlton was a happy-go-lucky guy.

in fairness, Will was different by that point to.

I want to say that the characters showed growth, but that might've just been the writers dumbing down.:laugh: