This scene shook me to my core as a kid (Fresh Prince, Carlton called a sellout)

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Everybody Hates Chris is the most underrated show of the 2000's.

how is it underrated??

it was a big deal when it was out, and its already been syndicated to the death.

unless youre saying its underrated compared to whatever white shows that were getting hyped up in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody hates Chris. Watched reruns in 09-12 after my first college run. It felt like it could have came out in the 90s.

If that dropped in 98...it would outpace smart guy, sister sister, and parent hood.

How you gonna leave out Beanie Mac show?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Well, it's complicated because Carlton did grow. But, you see in the beginning of the show run; Carlton was extremely condescending.

By the last season he grew to respect and love Will. WILL, on the other hand stuck to that hood shyt too long. Because, I understand where you came from, but, Uncle Phil gave Will too much from him to waste time on women and parties--even almost getting Carlton killed and getting himself killed.

Around the time of this episode he was getting better. But, the brother's we're completely off base about Carlton.

have to disagree with the bolded.
what hood shyt?? will was just goofy.

wasting time on women & parties??? you do realize that his character was still in his early 20s when the show went off the air, right? what do you expect him to be doing?
not to mention, he was at a university, worked at the peacock(lol) and had a fiance'. if I can go back to my early 20s, I'm still not tryna do all that chit myself.

and no, CARLTON almost got HIMSELF killed.
when did Will almost get himself killed?? I can only think of the ATM robbery - which isn't anybody's fault......and if I had to blame anybody, it would be carlton for not knowing the protocol when getting robbed, even after ole bul told him to keep his hands up.......and then Will jumped in front of the bullet, trying to push carlton out the way.:whistle:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
have to disagree with the bolded.
what hood shyt?? will was just goofy.

wasting time on women & parties??? you do realize that his character was still in his early 20s when the show went off the air, right? what do you expect him to be doing?
not to mention, he was at a university, worked at the peacock(lol) and had a fiance'. if I can go back to my early 20s, I'm still not tryna do all that chit myself.

and no, CARLTON almost got HIMSELF killed.
when did Will almost get himself killed?? I can only think of the ATM robbery - which isn't anybody's fault......and if I had to blame anybody, it would be carlton for not knowing the protocol when getting robbed, even after ole bul told him to keep his hands up.......and then Will jumped in front of the bullet, trying to push carlton out the way.:whistle:

Will started getting his shyt together in the 4th quarter :mjlol: he was still homeless at the last episode because he still couldn't afford to move out on that Peacock salary. Never took college seriously in high school, either.

Didn't take going to court with Uncle Phil--that would've been a great flip to a law/criminal justice job.

Will didn't come to Beverly Hills to party, he could've partied in Philly.

Will got drunk tryna impress Jackie at that party. And almost drove home.

54Kc.gif

Will had speed in his locker, his dumb ass cousin didn't expect him to be poppin' pills...yea, he should've read it.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That's my GOAT sitcom :wow:

Perfect mix of comedy and real life situations :wow:

IMO it was still all love breh. He joked about his height way more often than joking he was white. When it really came down to it, Will ALWAYS had Carlton's back

Always :to:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Will started getting his shyt together in the 4th quarter :mjlol: he was still homeless at the last episode because he still couldn't afford to move out on that Peacock salary. Never took college seriously in high school, either.

you just described the average person his age & older.

how is this a bad thing?

carlton couldn't afford to move out either. he transferred schools.
Ashley tagged along to new York with Hillary.

Didn't take going to court with Uncle Phil--that would've been a great flip to a law/criminal justice job.

Will didn't come to Beverly Hills to party, he could've partied in Philly.

Will got drunk tryna impress Jackie at that party. And almost drove home.

Will had speed in his locker, his dumb ass cousin didn't expect him to be poppin' pills...yea, he should've read it.

whats wrong with partying? especially when youre in high school & college.
what do you want him to do? sit in his room & study all day??

ur reaching with the rest of this.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
whats wrong with partying? especially when youre in high school & college.
what do you want him to do? sit in his room & study all day??

ur reaching with the rest of this.

What's wrong? You're gonna be homeless when your aunt and uncle sell the house while your cousins move on to good jobs and college.

Hilary was goofy as hell and still got her shyt together.

And don't "reaching" out there :laugh: just to disagree. I know this series as much as anyone on here.