:camby:

200.webp

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, the numbers feel disingenuous. Probably inflated with gig work being counted as employment.

Job numbers keep coming out positive but everytime you turn around major companies are doing mass layoffs or going under.

The math aint mathing

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree, the numbers feel disingenuous. Probably inflated with gig work being counted as employment.

Job numbers keep coming out positive but everytime you turn around major companies are doing mass layoffs or going under.

The math aint mathing
Numbers and data can easily be manipulated to fit any narrative you want.

The stock market isn't necessarily indicative of how the average American is doing.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've been lying about the job market and telling half-truths about the unemployment rate my entire adult life. :manny:

During the Obama era the low unemployment rate was being propped up by the gig economy

Pre-Covid Trump was due to both the gig economy and mass 'underemployment' (people wanting full time jobs but only finding part time, people working jobs below their skill level, people being underpaid for their skill level)

During Biden it's because of all those plus people getting kicked off UI in 2021 and likely being inelligible to reapply :manny: