This Hartford Public High School grad can’t read. Here’s how it happened.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Ortiz can’t read even most one-syllable words. The words she can read were memorized during karaoke or from subtitles at the bottom of TV screens and associating the words she saw with what she heard, she said.

Wait

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm always fascinated by people who can't read and or write

I could not imagine living in a world so disconnected

That's also a major health/safety risk

I recently found out my two year old cousin can read

:smugbiden: :blessed::banderas:

He'll be three this month. Already starting out great!

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
It's true, the level of illiteracy I've seen from dancers is crazy, they can count because that's mandatory for their profession but when they post on social media.... :picard: :huhldup: misspelled words, 0 punctuation, improper use of pronouns, verbs, etc...

I've convinced 2 in the past to get a GED at least and they followed through with actual results.
I'm trying to imagine how these conversations come about. Like, you must really know these strippers, to follow them on social media too. :skip:
I'm imagining breh commenting on poor pronoun use while p*ssy is popping in his face. :ohhh:
My hats off to you for helping them though.:ehh:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
So she got put in special ed when she was young and had all types of accommodations but nobody actually bothered to sit her down to try to teach her to read?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So she got put in special ed when she was young and had all types of accommodations but nobody actually bothered to sit her down to try to teach her to read?
You asking the wrong question. I'm wondering if a retarded person who can't read is able to graduate high school, how dumb are some of the people i went to school with who ended up dropping out? :jbhmm:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
She can barely hold a pencil because of unaddressed issues with hand fatigue and disputes about school-based occupational therapy, she and her attorney said.

What? What the fukk is "hand fatigue"?

:comeon:

ETA: Ortiz also wasn’t taught how to tell time or how to count money.

Get the fukk out here. I know she knows how to count money.

Last edited: