This “Good Times” remake is disrespectful as fukk smh pure minstrel show

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This shows the upper middle class and wealthy black folks need more representation culturally in media.
Even someone that grew up a millionaire is making content that in no way reflects his background.

This is why i loved the cosby show. Not everybody came from nothing, and we don't have to pretend like that doesn't happen
:gucci: That's your takeaway? Really?! What about regular bp being maligned?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Yeah the layers of corniess goes in such forms of generations:

• Gen X- Patronizing shuck and jive babble
  • Millennials- Whiny "IM BLACK" corny tropes without making the shyt funny
  • Gen Z- "Guize we are allys but fight oppression, yet let me PAWG in peace, but fukk them colonizers" propaganda
Man, we really took Mcgruder, Lee, and Robin Townsend for granted :mjcry:
Boomers: "Segregation was good!"

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:gucci: That's your takeaway? Really?! What about regular bp being maligned?
Maybe i didn't make my point clearly enough, but I am talking about regular black people. We need to actually be represented, instead of people always wanting do buffoonery every time there is a show about us. I don't relate to the orange juice concentrate joke,

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Maybe i didn't make my point clearly enough, but I am talking about regular black people. We need to actually be represented, instead of people always wanting do buffoonery every time there is a show about us. I don't relate to the orange juice concentrate joke,
This shows the upper middle class and wealthy black folks need more representation culturally in media.
Even someone that grew up a millionaire is making content that in no way reflects his background.

This is why i loved the cosby show. Not everybody came from nothing, and we don't have to pretend like that doesn't happen
:comeon:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Showrunner

artworks-000162707039-g69rju-t500x500.jpg

One day, as a 17-year-old snooping through her mother’s drawer, Ranada Shepard discovered she was adopted. Ranada's sense of identity immediately shifted and has continued to evolve after learning about her biological family and Cuban heritage.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know what’s worse, the c00ns in here talking about “DiZ iZ da STuFF y’aLl be WaTcHinG doe!” Or the trailer itself.

This is not akin to Power or any other crime drama. Newsflash, the most popular “white” shows are based on crime, drama, and the like. I guess only black people arent allowed to make that type of entertainment. :mjpls:

This show is minstrelsy. From the lingo to the stereotypes to the Bunny Ruckus blonde wig, it’s straight up awful. When your defense is “it’s only a 2 minute trailer” you know it’s some nonsense. This is absolutely nothing like Good Times.

This is so bad it literally looks like a show Riley would be watching on The Boondocks.
:laff::laff:Rep!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Are you suggesting the majority black people live below the poverty line?, Thats not accurate. Middle class and upper middle are the majority, aka Regular Black folk. This isn't a reach. I don't consider impoverished black folks to represent normal black people. It's a niche, that is promoted as the norm.

Last edited: