This “Good Times” remake is disrespectful as fukk smh pure minstrel show

Daps
this is what happens when a community has no respect for itself, does nothing to hold its worst elements accountable, and allows agents to represent it on the public stage.

and, you’re naive if you think there aren’t plenty of black people who will watch this and find it entertaining.

:francis:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know what’s worse, the c00ns in here talking about “DiZ iZ da STuFF y’aLl be WaTcHinG doe!” Or the trailer itself.

This is not akin to Power or any other crime drama. Newsflash, the most popular “white” shows are based on crime, drama, and the like. I guess only black people arent allowed to make that type of entertainment. :mjpls:

This show is minstrelsy. From the lingo to the stereotypes to the Bunny Ruckus blonde wig, it’s straight up awful. When your defense is “it’s only a 2 minute trailer” you know it’s some nonsense. This is absolutely nothing like Good Times.

This is so bad it literally looks like a show Riley would be watching on The Boondocks.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Smh they’re feeling the heat

Of course this Blue MAGAt/Dan Schneider dikkslurper
Yvette Nicole Brown is involved :mjpls:

Noticed she has ZERO smoke for Dan even after the Quiet on Set doc came out :mjpls: but she has all the smoke for people that rightfully criticize this minstrel show and her Blue MAGA endorsements :mjpls:

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
The fact that Norman Lear signed off on this is even more hilarious. Who's the writing team on this shyt?

“Lear died at his Los Angeles home on December 5, 2023 from cardiac arrest, as a complication of heart failure. He was 101.”

They really had him sign off on this on his deathbed :dead: 101 years old, they know they were wrong for that :mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know what’s worse, the c00ns in here talking about “DiZ iZ da STuFF y’aLl be WaTcHinG doe!” Or the trailer itself.

This is not akin to Power or any other crime drama. Newsflash, the most popular “white” shows are based on crime, drama, and the like. I guess only black people arent allowed to make that type of entertainment. :mjpls:

This show is minstrelsy. From the lingo to the stereotypes to the Bunny Ruckus blonde wig, it’s straight up awful. When your defense is “it’s only a 2 minute trailer” you know it’s some nonsense. This is absolutely nothing like Good Times.

This is so bad it literally looks like a show Riley would be watching on The Boondocks.
I can’t believe that was actually said AND dapped by multiple people :laff: :laff: :hhh:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
well james faked his death...

florida left because it became a minstrel show...

florida prayin to white jesus ...jj c00nin n michael bringin white girls over...:yeshrug:

u see why james ....changed his name to cleo mcdowell..and created a franchise ...and had 2 beautiful daught patrice and lisa..

one thang for show.. james could make some daughters....