This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Its getting wacker and wacker with each generation. Another thing I can't stand is the 100gb game. Games on the PS3/360 were 8-9gb tops and these new games aren't really technically more superior to those. There's nothing that's hyped me to get the news PS5 or Series X

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's not true because they're still cutting these traditional third party deals, I just named several for this generation alone in the previous post. BF2042 had a marketing deal with MS, similar to the COD deal with Sony.

They acquired Activision so they would have their "The Office" or "Friends" type of content for their service that would attract and keep a casual audience subscribed to their service.

Its wrong because its anti-competitive. They're buying away their closest competitor's 3rd party support with these publisher acquisitions.

COD games have been the top selling games on Sony consoles every year for over 10 years. You can say, "What about Insomniac / whatever studio" but Insomniac doesn't have this same history on MS platforms to where its a huge recurring source of revenue every year.

This is equivalent to me and you running competing sneaker stores and since my money long I buy Nike and tell you you're fine without Nike, Jordan, Converse, etc, and that you still got Adidas, Reebok, and whatever in-store brand you own that you could innovate with to increase your competitive advantage. Me buying Nike away from you will hurt your own business since that is the highest selling shoe brand in your store every year.

People have a problem with this because of MS history, both in and out of the games industry.

michael-scott-the-office.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not true because they're still cutting these traditional third party deals, I just named several for this generation alone in the previous post. BF2042 had a marketing deal with MS, similar to the COD deal with Sony.

They acquired Activision so they would have their "The Office" or "Friends" type of content for their service that would attract and keep a casual audience subscribed to their service.
No. Microsoft doesn’t have any current deals on the books like Sony has with games like Ff7, COD, Deathloop, etc.

Microsoft shifted their strategy to just buying studios instead of negotiating against sony from a clear disadvantage.
Its wrong because its anti-competitive. They're literally buying away their closest competitor's 3rd party support with these publisher acquisitions.
So in your opinion it’s not “anticompetitive” to force a game studio not to do business with a competitor?

But it is “anticompetitive” to buy a studio and still do business with a competitor?

Make it make sense :dahell:

COD games have been the top selling games on Sony consoles every year for over 10 years. You can say, m"What about Insomniac / whatever studio" but Insomniac doesn't have this same history on MS platforms to where its a huge recurring source of revenue every year.
History don’t matter that’s all some emotional stuff.

COD was the biggest on Microsoft at one point in time. That changed cause sony threw their money and weight around to change it.

And again Microsoft isn’t even proposing to take the game off playstation. They even said they won’t do lopsided content like sony has been paying for, for decades. Same game straight up, perpetually on playstation consoles, and still that ain’t good enough.

It’s time to admit this ain’t really about the industry or what good for gamers. Y’all just have a problem with microsoft gaining some ground. Sony is supposed to be able to do whatever they want and microsoft is just supposed to accept the terms. :smh:

This is equivalent to me and you running competing sneaker stores and since my money long I buy Nike and tell you you're fine without Nike, Jordan, Converse, etc, and that you still got Adidas, Reebok, and whatever in-store brand you own that you could innovate with to increase your competitive advantage. Me buying Nike away from you will hurt your own business since that is the highest selling shoe brand in your store every year.
No. It’s nothing like this.

Game industry is worth 90+billion a year.

Sony makes about 260 million a year off COD

In your analogy, there’s so many more shoe types/brands going around it’s crazy. You still have the potential to make so much more off all the other shoes including the leading ones you manufacture yourself.

It would be the equivalent to you running a store that’s 3x more successfully than mine but getting mad cause i bought exclusive rights to one colerway if the newest Dunks.

Oh wait, that happens all the time :ohhh:
People have a problem with this because of MS history, both in and out of the games industry.
Microsoft history is being one of the most successful companies ever to exist.

Activision was going down in flames and needed a reset.

If you actually care about activision games and the industry as a whole you would be excited about this deal.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are literally a Billion dollar computer company how are YOU playing catch up??!!! :dahell: make it make sense!!!

Sony has the lead because their marketing is better, they got the people behind them and MS shot themselves in the foot last gen with Don mattrick remember him and the kinect bullshyt?!?!?:stopitslime: that fukked them up for a long time!!

that was the nail in the coffin!!!:damn:

How you claim they are not playing catch up, then say Sony has the lead in the same post???

Sony stans crazy af :mjlol:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
No. Microsoft doesn’t have any current deals on the books like Sony has with games like Ff7, COD, Deathloop, etc.

This why I cant be arguing with yall lol.

I just gave you like +5 examples of different third party exclusivity deals MS has this generation alone. Kojima wasnt just at Xbox's E3 show announcing a new exclusive?

The rest of your post is the usual dancing and pivoting.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This why I cant be arguing with yall lol.

I just gave you like +5 examples of different third party exclusivity deals MS has this generation alone. Kojima wasnt just at Xbox's E3 show announcing a new exclusive?

The rest of your post is the usual dancing and pivoting.
Kojima’s game is based off microsoft cloud technology.

Other than that microsoft doesn’t have any 3rd party exclusives that aren’t indie games for like 6 months.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They have it now, and have had it for decades.

Hence microsoft trying to catch up.

I’m not the retarded one here. Do you even understand what you are talking about at this point :mjlol:

They playing catch up but they the ones that fukked themselves over!!!! THIS IS THEIR OWN FAULT BRUH!!!:why:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@ORDER_66 and @CoolinInTheCut

Microsoft was just supposed to accept these terms and just let sony run wild??

If they have a grandfathered contract, not much they can do. All depends on when the terms are up. Or if the new owners are willing to pay to get out of the deal.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If they have a grandfathered contract, not much they can do. All depends on when the terms are up. Or if the new owners are willing to pay to get out of the deal.
I get that.

I was saying to the people claiming microsoft is playing “unfair”

What the hell were they supposed to do? Just get starved of content and accept it??