This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@ORDER_66 and @CoolinInTheCut

Microsoft was just supposed to accept these terms and just let sony run wild??

Well the deal with activision not yet completed so :manny: who isin the better position, Sony or MS who brought the whole damned studio. you worried about COD but they make OTHER games not bound by the same contract restrictions... :childplease:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well the deal with activision not yet completed so :manny: who isin the better position, Sony or MS who brought the whole damned studio. you worried about COD but they make OTHER games not bound by the same contract restrictions... :childplease:
I think both are in good positions to be successful. Microsoft is making an aggressive move to promote their new platform, but ultimately both will be successful in what they do best.

It’s not just COD. Sony was signing devs all over the industry into this same type of deal and microsoft had no bargaining power because sony holds 3-1 market share over xbox.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

This is a pre-existing marketing deal between Sony and Activision. Whether MS accepts it is completely irrelevant, and they had this same deal before Sony anyways.

And this was always a bad argument since MS has been cutting their own exclusivity deals since they joined gaming... and still do. The New Kojima game, Contraband, Stalker 2, The Medium, Scorn, The Ascent, Tunic, etc are all examples of different forms of third party exclusivity deals this generation by MS. Last generation it was Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, and Quantum Break.

Its completely disingenuous to isolate Sony for their exclusivity deals, and ignore MS doing the same shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a pre-existing marketing deal between Sony and Activision. Whether MS accepts it is completely irrelevant, and they had this same deal before Sony anyways.
These types of deals are why microsoft decided to just buy the whole damn studio.

My question was. Y’all claiming microsoft is “wrong” or being “greedy” by deciding to buy the studio instead of playing ball on Sony’s terms.

Why? Why is microsoft so wrong for buying the studio instead of negotiating for a worse deal than sony could get??
And this was always a bad argument since MS has been cutting their own exclusivity deals since they joined gaming... and still do. The New Kojima game, Contraband, Stalker 2, The Medium, Scorn, The Ascent, Tunic, etc are all examples of different forms of third party exclusivity deals this generation by MS. Last generation it was Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, and Quantum Break.

Its completely disingenuous to isolate Sony for their exclusivity deals, and ignore MS doing the same shyt.
I’m not isolating anyone.

It’s clear the industry has always been about securing exclusive content.

Why do y’all have such a problem with Microsoft playing in the industry the way it’s always been played??

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cross gen, pandemic, microtransactions, and increased developer cost amount to the output we see today. I too would like a shakeup but not sure how it’s possible, maybe more AA games?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They hated on me when I told them this is how Sony roles to this day. :wow:

"Well Microsoft did it back in the days too"

"You don't know what you are talking about"

I'm shocked MS is playing this friendly and ain't drop all the bombs from the jump.

Anyway I'm sure they'll be juezl'n as to why it's different when MS does something that was made popular by Nintendo and modernize and enforced since PlayStation 1 went up against the Sega Saturn.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I think both are in good positions to be successful. Microsoft is making an aggressive move to promote their new platform, but ultimately both will be successful in what they do best.

It’s not just COD. Sony was signing devs all over the industry into this same type of deal and microsoft had no bargaining power because sony holds 3-1 market share over xbox.

Yeah but who won in the end MS spent billions literally to buy activision...:comeon: so right now sony may have the lead but it's not looking good down the line is it??? microsoft brought out the huge studios taking the 3rd party games with them...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah but who won in the end MS spent billions literally to buy activision...:comeon: so right now sony may have the lead but it's not looking good down the line is it??? microsoft brought out the huge studios taking the 3rd party games with them...
Microsoft will definitely gain market share with this move. That’s the whole point.

Why do you think microsoft shouldn’t leverage their billions in cash just laying around to improve their position in the industry?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Microsoft will definitely gain market share with this move. That’s the whole point.

Why do you think microsoft shouldn’t leverage their billions in cash just laying around to improve their position in the industry?

Actions have consequences because they upset the games ecosystem by being greedy... Trying to point that out to you...:francis: but y'all think it's ok if a mega corp just gobbles up game studios because they can't handle the competition...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Actions have consequences because they upset the games ecosystem by being greedy... Trying to point that out to you...:francis: but y'all think it's ok if a mega corp just gobbles up game studios because they can't handle the competition...
How is trying to catch-up considered “greedy” to you?

Sony has had the Market lead for decades now and was still paying to keep games of xbox. That’s not “greedy” to you?

Sony is a megacorp. Has the market lead for decades, spends millions “gobbling up”studios and games. And that’s all fine to you.

But microsoft starts throwing money around as a response and the only way to catch up and you consider that “greedy” and upsetting the games ecosystem.

Make it make sense :mindblown:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
These types of deals are why microsoft decided to just buy the whole damn studio.

That's not true because they're still cutting these traditional third party deals, I just named several for this generation alone in the previous post. BF2042 had a marketing deal with MS, similar to the COD deal with Sony.

They acquired Activision so they would have their "The Office" or "Friends" type of content for their service that would attract and keep a casual audience subscribed to their service.

My question was. Y’all claiming microsoft is “wrong” or being “greedy” by deciding to buy the studio instead of playing ball on Sony’s terms.

Why? Why is microsoft so wrong for buying the studio instead of negotiating for a worse deal than sony could get??

I’m not isolating anyone.

It’s clear the industry has always been about securing exclusive content.

Why do y’all have such a problem with Microsoft playing in the industry the way it’s always been played??

Its wrong because its anti-competitive. They're buying away their closest competitor's 3rd party support with these publisher acquisitions.

COD games have been the top selling games on Sony consoles every year for over 10 years. You can say, "What about Insomniac / whatever studio" but Insomniac doesn't have this same history on MS platforms to where its a huge recurring source of revenue every year.

This is equivalent to me and you running competing sneaker stores and since my money long I buy Nike and tell you you're fine without Nike, Jordan, Converse, etc, and that you still got Adidas, Reebok, and whatever in-store brand you own that you could innovate with to increase your competitive advantage. Me buying Nike away from you will hurt your own business since that is the highest selling shoe brand in your store every year.

People have a problem with this because of MS history, both in and out of the games industry.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How is trying to catch-up considered “greedy” to you?

Sony has had the Market lead for decades now and was still paying to keep games of xbox. That’s not “greedy” to you?

Sony is a megacorp. Has the market lead for decades, spends millions “gobbling up”studios and games. And that’s all fine to you.

But microsoft starts throwing money around as a response and the only way to catch up and you consider that “greedy” and upsetting the games ecosystem.

Make it make sense :mindblown:

You are literally a Billion dollar computer company how are YOU playing catch up??!!! :dahell: make it make sense!!!

Sony has the lead because their marketing is better, they got the people behind them and MS shot themselves in the foot last gen with Don mattrick remember him and the kinect bullshyt?!?!?:stopitslime: that fukked them up for a long time!!

that was the nail in the coffin!!!:damn: