This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
GAMEPLAY that couldn't be done on the PS360 era.

- Why do zero games have real destructible environments? Where is the DESTRUCTION?
- A.I has been stagnant since F.E.A.R. It has not improved in nearly 20 years.
- Where are all the games with amazing physics? WHY does TOTK have the best physics in a game? It runs on iPhone level hardware.
- LARGE SCALE battles.
- Why is open world game design still following the same mission structure as GTA3?
- Games are way too long. Make them much shorter, improve the graphical fidelity, add destruction and next gen physics. Make combat more visceral.

This is just a start.

I was sick to my stomach in God of War: Ragnarok when Thor was seen fighting that giant snake way in the background, and the player just had to watch from afar. This happens in so many games nowadays. Do you know how awesome that would have been up close/playable? Instead we had to watch as 2 ant-sized character models duked it out in the background. And this happened because the devs obviously felt pressure to make a 30+ hour game. Instead of a 10 hour one with way more epic events and quality content. Reduce Ironwood by 2 hours and maybe you have enough resources/time to add another boss battle of epic proportions. It should have been Thor vs Kratos on the top of that giant snake. But nope. Gotta hit that 30 hour mark, or gamers complain. Its utterly ridiculous.

I keep saying this. No one ever has any pushback. Most seem to just be satisfied with PS4 level games running at 60fps. PS360 level game design with better graphics. And thats "next gen" to them. To me thats just a joke.

Developers of today are lacking ambition and creativity. They cant handle any criticism, and fold easily under pressure. They block out any negative comments, so all they see are the Kumbaya comments. And the minute you show any pushback to their unimpressive game, its "harrassment".

Purple haired college kids pushing agendas, instead of creativity, and graphical fidelity.
You are playing the wrong games.

These big blockbuster AAA games are made simple on purpose. People just want pretty pictures and cool looking animation.

Lots of smaller games have new gameplay ideas, and advanced physics/destruction.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
You are playing the wrong games.

These big blockbuster AAA games are made simple on purpose. People just want pretty pictures and cool looking animation.

Lots of smaller games have new gameplay ideas, and advanced physics/destruction.
So make these AAA games shorter.

We need them in AAA games. Thats why people buy these expensive world class gaming devices.

These games cost hundreds of millions to make. And rre developed by thousands of people when you include outsource studios.

Hundreds of millions. Thousands of people. And that wall doesnt crumble when a grenade is thrown at it? :mjlol: They are wasting time on bland ass, "find a Key", "find another way around" ass puzzles.

Stop making 30 hour games, and make shorter experiences with incredible features.

I dont need a map the size of Planet Earth. Let me go inside more buildings in Texas.

In Call of Duty, Ground War, when I throw a grenade or a tank missile at a wall, the wall stays in tact? :scusthov: Utter laziness.

And NO ONE is complaining, like how does this not bother anyone. :wow:

Imagine COD Ground War with destructability. My word, GOAT tier MP right there. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So make these AAA games shorter.

We need them in AAA games. Thats why people buy these expensive world class gaming devices.

These games cost hundreds of millions to make. And rre developed by thousands of people when you include outsource studios.

Hundreds of millions. Thousands of people. And that wall doesnt crumble when a grenade is thrown at it? :mjlol: They are wasting time on bland ass, "find a Key", "find another way around" ass puzzles.

Stop making 30 hour games, and make shorter experiences with incredible features.

I dont need a map the size of Planet Earth. Let me go inside more buildings in Texas.

In Call of Duty, Ground War, when I throw a grenade or a tank missile at a wall, the wall stays in tact? :scusthov: Utter laziness.

And NO ONE is complaining, like how does this not bother anyone. :wow:

Imagine COD Ground War with destructability. My word, GOAT tier MP right there. :wow:
What i’m saying is that your opinion is in the minority. People just wanna see spider-man swing and look cool and stylish. Don’t nobody wanna be managing web carriages and precision aiming their web swings.(i would, but i’ve already conceded these games aren’t for me)

It sucks but it is what it is at this point. New ideas get shytted on, same ole shyt gets heaps of praise :manny:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
A lot of gamers have outgrew gaming and don't even realize it :mjlol:

More heat than being put out and some of y'all can't find shyt to enjoy.
We enjoy it. It could still be better.

This is not about "enjoyment". It's about wanting to see games do more advanced, impressive shyt. This medium is sleeping on untapped potential

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speak for yourself OP. The PS5 in just 2.5yrs is already on track to be the second best PS console I’ve ever owned. Some phenomenal games already out and more still to come. Just because you don’t like the graphics doesn’t make it a bad generation.

On the other hand OP statement applies if you’re only an Xbox Series owner. Imagine only owning that console and nothing else :mjlol:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
We enjoy it. It could still be better.

This is not about "enjoyment". It's about wanting to see games do more advanced, imressive shyt. This medium is sleeping on untapped potential
There's more games than ever being pumped out doing all types of shyt. You not looking hard enoughb:manny:

The 1 thing I don't fukk with though from this current generation though is the whole DLC fukkshyt these companies be on. nikkas be releasing $70 games now and still have the nerve to charge you for some damn costumes and whatnot :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A lot of gamers have outgrew gaming and don't even realize it :mjlol:

More heat than being put out and some of y'all can't find shyt to enjoy.
It's not even outgrowing gaming it's just that gaming have evolved into a homogenized product. A flop could spell the end of a studio so many play it safe. Some people are comfortable with the idea but back in the day they made the actual game we see people praising the remakes of today. When you have people begging for and pining after remakes of games they already played that says a lot.

There's a large space between AAA and indie and today that space isn't being filled anymore really.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not even outgrowing gaming it's just that gaming have evolved into a homogenized product. A flop could spell the end of a studio so many play it safe. Some people are comfortable with the idea but back in the day they made the actual game we see people praising the remakes of today. When you have people begging for and pining after remakes of games they already played that says a lot.

There's a large space between AAA and indie and today that space isn't being filled anymore really.

The best selling games have always been homogenized. The only reason there seemed to be more variety back in the day is because a lot of developers were still creating their first 3D games and trying to find their footing, and there was a lot less access to games back then.

A mid game like God Hand or Vanquish would seem like gold because peoples standards in general were lower. Those games sold like shyt and reviewed like shyt but people still loved them anyway. Those types of games are still releasing today yall just don’t fukk with them anymore

There wasn’t even a thriving indie scene two generations ago. Something like Hellblade or Kena could have never existed outside a major publisher in the 7th generation

Last edited:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York

So you're saying every game is basically the same then, right? :unimpressed:

More variety of games being pumped out then ever but somehow, it became homogenized?

Y'all also overrate the hell out of games back then I noticed. Sure, there was a lot more innovation back then, but that in itself was double-edged sword. You had creative games that have stood out and made a name for themselves, but there was a lot of far-fetched shyt that was just bad back then.

For every classic video game that dropped, there were 10 trash ones.

If you can't find games to enjoy, it's on you :yeshrug:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York

Btw, your remake argument is a strawman. A lot of people ask for remakes because certain games are hardly accessible anymore and are outdated thanks to their hardware.

And I personally only advocate for Ps1-2 era games being remade if need be.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Btw, your remake argument is a strawman. A lot of people ask for remakes because certain games are hardly accessible anymore and are outdated thanks to their hardware.

And I personally only advocate for Ps1-2 era games being remade if need be.

I love remakes when they’re done right. It’s not like movies where most times its just adding nothing new to the formula, but something like Resident Evil 2 & 4, or Prime, or Demon’s Souls makes those games accessible along side other modern games and just not distant rose tinted memories for millennials.

Going back and playing old games is always the most disappointing shyt ever. I’m so used to modern control schemes, quality of life, accessibility like subtitles and skipping cutscnes, graphic options, etc.

Old games are short as hell because everything about them is slow as hell.