This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

Daps
Probably a mix of things.

COVID and the supply shortages meant people had to wait longer than usual to get a new console. Game devs likely saw no reason to go all in when a bunch of gamers couldn't even get current gen hardware.

Then the games are more complex and there's a certain expectation of quality now. Damn near like being a movie studio now, so they really gotta dot those i's and cross those t's. People less willing to take chances with new/original games.

Elden Ring kept me busy for a year and now I'm just starting HFW. Hitman series was holding me down on GamePass for a bit before ER and AC Valhalla before that. I tend to like oversized RPG type games but folks wanting shorter/tighter games....there are some of those out there like that Plague Innocence game or Senua.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think the cost of making the games has clogged up the pipeline. AAA games have 3-5 year developments and even the indies are pretty involved. Also this gen is still in process maybe in 2024-2025 things will really open up.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I wouldn't say this is the worst gaming generation but maybe the slowest. A lot of the blame goes to Covid as far not being able to get consoles and games getting pushed back.

I still say last gen is probably the worst generation of gaming.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
PS4 Game:

s9Vu0Fp.jpeg

XhAGLXr.jpeg

PS5 Game:
rgCrK2B.jpg

Pbh9OEJ.jpg

:mjlol:

Big joke.

These studios are full of purple haired transwomen straight out of college who'd rather push agendas than graphical fidelity.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS4 Game:

s9Vu0Fp.jpeg

XhAGLXr.jpeg

PS5 Game:
rgCrK2B.jpg

Pbh9OEJ.jpg

:mjlol:

Big joke.

These studios are full of purple haired transwomen straight out of college who'd rather push agendas than graphical fidelity.

Its dumb to compare different developers using different game engines going for different styles, compare spider-man ps4 (non-remastered) to Spider-man 2

1537513836-4499-capture-d-ecran.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Its dumb to compare different developers using different game engines going for different styles, compare spider-man ps4 (non-remastered) to Spider-man 2

1537513836-4499-capture-d-ecran.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
ND did that water set piece better in 2016 on a base PS4.

uncharted_4-nathan-drake.gif

This gen is just unimpressive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ND did that water set piece better in 2016 on a base PS4.

uncharted_4-nathan-drake.gif

This gen is just unimpressive

Naughty Dog is Naughty Dog, insomniac aren’t doing linear style action games, they are doing open world games with ray tracing, 60fps, fast traversal and a billion other things that hog resources. All things considered theres not many previous or current gen games that look better than SM2.

If you want Naughty Dog LOD and set pieces wait for the next naughty dog game or play Rift Apart if you want a game from Insomniac

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I would argue that gaming is more vibrant than ever. It's just that you have to look for things a bit more. As I've stated before, I'm been more open/accepting of AA games had have had my time rewarded for playing them. Everything can't be your AAA $300 million plus costing game. My openness to genres has expanded as I've gotten older. My willingness to trust my gut rather than reviews has been rewarded too.

So, while this generation has not been the greatest in terms of games taking advantage of these new systems in terms of technical performance, the quality of a lot of these games are quite high.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
What do y’all want to see from video games now, and don’t just say “look next gen”

What are y’all looking for that you can’t get now
GAMEPLAY that couldn't be done on the PS360 era.

- Why do zero games have real destructible environments? Where is the DESTRUCTION?
- A.I has been stagnant since F.E.A.R. It has not improved in nearly 20 years.
- Where are all the games with amazing physics? WHY does TOTK have the best physics in a game? It runs on iPhone level hardware.
- LARGE SCALE battles.
- Why is open world game design still following the same mission structure as GTA3?
- Games are way too long. Make them much shorter, improve the graphical fidelity, add destruction and next gen physics. Make combat more visceral.

This is just a start.

I was sick to my stomach in God of War: Ragnarok when Thor was seen fighting that giant snake way in the background, and the player just had to watch from afar. This happens in so many games nowadays. Do you know how awesome that would have been up close/playable? Instead we had to watch as 2 ant-sized character models duked it out in the background. And this happened because the devs obviously felt pressure to make a 30+ hour game. Instead of a 10 hour one with way more epic events and quality content. Reduce Ironwood by 2 hours and maybe you have enough resources/time to add another boss battle of epic proportions. It should have been Thor vs Kratos on the top of that giant snake. But nope. Gotta hit that 30 hour mark, or gamers complain. Its utterly ridiculous.

I keep saying this. No one ever has any pushback. Most seem to just be satisfied with PS4 level games running at 60fps. PS360 level game design with better graphics. And thats "next gen" to them. To me thats just a joke.

Developers of today are lacking ambition and creativity. They cant handle any criticism, and fold easily under pressure. They block out any negative comments, so all they see are the Kumbaya comments. And the minute you show any pushback to their unimpressive game, its "harrassment".

Purple haired college kids pushing agendas, instead of creativity, and graphical fidelity.