This forum has 4,280 guest as of this post..

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
This site is going in its own direction. I noticed that when some people post images on here nowadays I dont even see it. A broken image icon comes up. Smh. And it not just me who noticed this.

Some sites hate hotlinking that ain't nothing new, and pics don't last forever

Many of the "free" image hosting sites aren't, they have ads/trackers/cross-site scripting that get flagged by ad-blocker add-ons...including the image posted.

No such problem with imgur.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
There's a football forum, Redcafe. It's about Manchester United, it's a forum for their fans. So anyway back in the day they had an interesting system to maintain the quality of their forum. New members had to spend time in their own section, they couldn't join the major boards. So all the new people just spent time talking with each other on their own.

The new forum was moderated by the same mods who looked after the main sections, and every once in a while they would pick out like 10 or 20 of the best contributors and promote them to the main forums.

So the new member section was like the place to vet new members and make sure only the real get through the selection process and join up with the rest of the community.

We could do something like that here, use the Bushes as the place for the new people to prove themselves in. Or at least we could if we had moderators with the power to actually do that sort of management. Regardless of how possible it is to actually do over here, it's a really good system to force the new people to prove themselves before joining us. It's sort of like the mafia, you know, you don't get to be a made man straight away. You have to put in the work for many years as an associate first, show that you're good enough and worthy of becoming a made man. Then you get promoted to join the ranks of the veterans.

great idea.:ehh:

bushes should remain it's own separate thing, make a Rookie/New Class/Freshmen sub-forum and let them post there.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Many of the "free" image hosting sites aren't, they have ads/trackers/cross-site scripting that get flagged by ad-blocker add-ons...including the image posted.

No such problem with imgur.

this site should have added auto image mirror functionality for all posts.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's a football forum, Redcafe. It's about Manchester United, it's a forum for their fans. So anyway back in the day they had an interesting system to maintain the quality of their forum. New members had to spend time in their own section, they couldn't join the major boards. So all the new people just spent time talking with each other on their own.

The new forum was moderated by the same mods who looked after the main sections, and every once in a while they would pick out like 10 or 20 of the best contributors and promote them to the main forums.

So the new member section was like the place to vet new members and make sure only the real get through the selection process and join up with the rest of the community.

We could do something like that here, use the Bushes as the place for the new people to prove themselves in. Or at least we could if we had moderators with the power to actually do that sort of management. Regardless of how possible it is to actually do over here, it's a really good system to force the new people to prove themselves before joining us. It's sort of like the mafia, you know, you don't get to be a made man straight away. You have to put in the work for many years as an associate first, show that you're good enough and worthy of becoming a made man. Then you get promoted to join the ranks of the veterans.
That's a great idea. Create a buffer between the main forums and the trial forums for new blood. After a probationary period, new accounts can apply to join the main forums

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I've been an admin on other sites, but I'm not familiar with Xenforo. How would that work? A simple add-on/hack?

probably a scripted hack that mirrors every twitter post or non-image url to archive.org & archive.is. hot linked image links could be auto mirrored and to imgur and posted below the post by a site bot or maybe modify the post to spoiler a mirror url.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
how would you know they are male or female? Just user names on a screen to me..

But as a very successful promoter, I would love to ask, how does it feel to be a very unsuccessful artist? Going on 15 years in the music business and still cant get booked for shows or generate any real livable income off your passion? Lets dig into the mind of a failed rap artist. Who has links to his failed songs in his signature so "men can discuss".

You have almost as many monthly Spotify listeners as your age now :gladbron: a whopping 37 monthly listeners :gladbron:

nikka you not playing fair

You ethered that nikka

Really only 37 monthly listeners?

Buddy needs to get over the music shyt and raise his young son it's not gonna happen

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Forums are dying. Reddit and Twitter basically took that spot so I really don't understand this mindset of keeping the registration closed.

Yall should want new blood to come in, thats how things keep on going. At this rate thecoli could end up like ahh.com, bgol, asr, hollafront, hiphopgame, the old uvp forum...yes im:flabbynsick: but obviously im talking from past experience

*yes I know forums die for different reasons
forums aint dying, they still goin strong.

KTT2, LSA(from what I seen in the past), even Boxden are very live, and you barely see the same people in the threads. its just how you run it.

given what I heard about Brooklyn tho, the Coli is at this point like a pirate ship without their captain. We just a crew wandering the sea, until our captain comes back to ship us to land so we can get some new members.:yeshrug:

until that happens tho, everyone here is it until Brook does something i guess.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Houston911 you in contact with Brook or nah?

He is, but I'm not sure how often.

Also if you @ a mod or admin there's a 99.99% chance we won't see it. We get too many alerts as is.

Y’all really think brook and cook still own this place?

You need to be banned again, that’s for damn sure

:mjlol:

I think this place was sold years ago. Brook and cook signed a NDA

Nap is paid to produce activity

Brooklynzson still owns the site. That I can confirm.

The last time I seen him was a few months ago. He was talking about site security and how much he pays monthly for it, in one of the mod sub-forums.

cook has been gone for years though. Like, 3 or so years.

I got a warning today from an admin
So yeah they're on here

Who was it?

Fred.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Look at this forum's Alexa ranking:

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thecoli.com
U9M2xms.png

& compare it to similar sites:

hsafCzq.png

Boxden & LSA absolutely shyt on The Coli.