This forum has 4,280 guest as of this post..

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
We talked about this in the help section... @KingZimbabwe always asking if the owner care and if they don't take action the site might die.. I honestly think we need someone to make a back up site. we can wake up one day and thecoli is just gone.

I doubt this site has any kinda of backup and replication implemented in case shyt goes down. no load balancers either seeing that some posters say that the owners cant handle taking on such a huge boost and traffic.

I'd like to think that they're working on something, but I doubt it.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
I've been on (almost) every major message board (hip hop related) since 1999 and seen this shyt play out time and time again; please dont open registration. This forum is already suffering as is dealing with the shyt posters we already have. allowing a hug influx of new posters will have this place looking like Cacsden. You're gonna start seeing more and more suspect shyt being pushed until they drown out the sensible posters. every thread will be tinged with bitter cac-troll energy.

All Hip Hip didnt listen to their user base and the legendary Ill Community became some hollowed out, sad, husk of a "message board". MF dont even know if they want to be the current Myspace, Facebook, or black planet, they dun flipped the layout so many times and they all sucked. All the OG users from the early 2000s scattered about to other sites (probably here as well) after them cacs torpedoed the site. MFers told them to get the site fixed, nope....site gets washed, site comes back ... site owners still on that bullshyt...remaining users from the rebirth site leave...becomes the MAven (TF is a Maven?) Site is a fukkin ghost town nowadays.

The Coli is the closet thing I've seen to the early 2000s IC and I'd hate having to watch it get turned to shyt because owners dont listen to their userbase. It aint easy cultivating an online community like this and inviting a horde of cac agents, saboteurs and trolls will ruin all that. they love doing that shyt.

find a better way.
Bruh right here knows...
But hey fukk it have a vote and sticky the topic.
That will let you know how the site as a whole feels about it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: just open registration and let the mods do their job, why are people trying to make this complicated. This site needs new faces, the last few years it's been the same posters trying to make plat threads about nonsensical topics.

We just need more mods, competent ones. Let some folks in. Hell yall keeping Pazzy, Big Boda, the Indian guy, and Chicago around. New folks can't be any worse.

Mods can't ban anyone, which is why this place is a fukking mess already. Nevermind if we actually let more people in.

Mods can't even do anything outside of their own sub-forums. I think Barnett is the only one that can.

The only people that can ban anyone is Brooklynzson and Houston. Brooklynzson is the owner but he's basically an absentee landlord at this point, I haven't seen him around and the last time I PM'ed him about adding new mods/admins he never responded. Like a year ago.

Houston is a good dude but he's only one person.

So....yeah.

Fred.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Why do y'all want this shyt open. Lowkey sounding like cacs tryna get other cacs in:mjpls:

Keep this shyt closed. If you bored go take a break:camby:
You a 2018 join date, we started going on extended lockdowns in Fall/winter 2016 so that tells me you're one of the few that successfully snuck across our borders and now you trying to say other coli immigrants not welcome? :mjpls:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Just open registration, these new brehs can’t possibly be any worse than the mentally deranged TLRepublicans who spam shytposts every day :francis:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
How long registration been close? How long we been talking to the same ppl? :dahell:

Stg it feels like its been closed since around the time I joined though i know it opened shortly a few times in between.

ain't gonna lie, I barely survived as a young drake Stan here in the booth but made it through. My rep ain't never recover from my early drake stanning though

I promise I'm a good poster

:mjlit:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Mods can't ban anyone, which is why this place is a fukking mess already. Nevermind if we actually let more people in.

Mods can't even do anything outside of their own sub-forums. I think Barnett is the only one that can.

The only people that can ban anyone is Brooklynzson and Houston. Brooklynzson is the owner but he's basically an absentee landlord at this point, I haven't seen him around and the last time I PM'ed him about adding new mods/admins he never responded. Like a year ago.

Houston is a good dude but he's only one person.

So....yeah.

Fred.

Damn man that's sad. You basically saying this site going the same way as the old one. If the owners don't wanna fukk with the site anymore then they should sell to someone who does want it. Or let someone else who active run it at least.

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
how about a referall system

if the new user trolls too much and gets banned, the referring user gets banned too
that’s the only way, every active member gets one invite and bans come down if the new user doesn’t act right

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Registration is closed because they dont want to pay for upgraded servers to handle the new influx of data from posts.

cheap reason to close registration. Also, its slowly killing the forum.

If cook and brook just want the site on auto pilot while still collecting advertising checks, they should heavily consider adding @Houston911 and @Barnett114 as % based owners in exchange of taking out initial costs of new servers before pay out.

its a win/win for everyone potentially. Site gains more traction, more ad revenue, brook and cook potentially make more due to this even off setting new server costs all while houston and barnett still run the site and now with more incentive.

Y’all really think brook and cook still own this place?

This happens because the administrator hasn't approved requests in years. I was on the train before everything locked down and someone was looking over my phone. He mentioned how he signed up and is still waiting to get approved. There's a massive backlog that isn't doing the forum favors. At some point, people are going to just leave the site behind. You need new posters to keep it going.
You need to be banned again, that’s for damn sure
Is The Owner Reachable To Discuss Selling The Site?

:mjlol:

I think this place was sold years ago. Brook and cook signed a NDA

Nap is paid to produce activity

• Dap
Reactions: DLo