This console gen has been treating you ingrates better than you deserve

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The fatigue is starting to kick in for a lot of gamers that only pick up every Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or any other AAA game every god given year and little else in between.

A new Call of Duty was announced just a few weeks ago and everybody stopped talking about it just days after it's reveal. Think about that.
This is what it is.

Dudes buy the same games over and over again, then complain about sequels and rehashes, while they ignore all the new IP and call them trash cause they aren't sequels of some already established shyt.

The Internet just makes people want to complain. That's the big differnce from last gen. Gamers didn't act so bytchmade:scust:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
We want games. Innovative games. fukk I care about useless motion controls and vibrating triggers and shyt.

Sorry but a bunch of bells and whistles nobody gives a shyt about doesnt make up for the lack of games.

This gen has sucked so far.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Saying that the ps4 controller is pretty much the same as the PS3 controller is all I need to hear. If you can't see the obvious then there's nothing I can tell you to convince otherwise. You want 12 more buttons and a little fan that blows wind in your face during racing games? :camby:

:laff:

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
When did you see graphics like we have now?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a graphics whore, but imo the games don't look much better than last gen. I know it's still early gen games but the jump from PS2 to PS3 was so much bigger with HD, new animations, new engines, new everything.

Example..

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a graphics whore, but imo the games don't look much better than last gen. I know it's still early gen games but the jump from PS2 to PS3 was so much bigger with HD, new animations, new engines, new everything.

Example..

That's the same game. Its not gonna have new enigines, animations, ect.

This is akin to comparing gta3 on ps2 then looking at the remaster on ps3 and saying it doesn't look much better.

You have to look at games built from the ground up for "next gen" graphics

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That's the same game. Its not gonna have new enigines, animations, ect.

This is akin to comparing gta3 on ps2 then looking at the remaster on ps3 and saying it doesn't look much better.

You have to look at games built from the ground up for "next gen" graphics

I know but it's a comparison nonetheless and counts imo. Remember all the HD remastered games which were on the ps2 that they bought over to the ps3? The difference in graphics was noticeable.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ori and the blind forest
Bloodborne
Titanfall
Sunset overdrive
Infamous second son
Batman Arkham night
Metal gear solid
Guilty gear Xrd
MKX
Super smash Bros
Mario kart 8
Bayonneta 2
Battlefield
Call of duty
Star Wars
Destiny
Killer instinct
Xenoblade chronicles x
The Witcher 3

This gen has given you everything you've been used to and more.
The rebuttal to the thread was no new features so I listed new features.
Then was no new games here are new games.
Casuals are out here in full force complaining about something they really don't know anything about.
Yeah, to each his own with opinions and all that. I don't lose sleep over it, I just don't see what any of you want at this point. You've been given and continue to be given a ton of new options but it isn't enough, so I asked the question "what is it you really want?"

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know but it's a comparison nonetheless and counts imo. Remember all the HD remastered games which were on the ps2 that they bought over to the ps3? The difference in graphics was noticeable.

The difference was negligible just like it is now.

I think time has skewed some people's perceptions.

ReallJc

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The difference was negligible just like it is now.

I think time has skewed some people's perceptions.

I get what you're saying but..

0.jpg

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People are retarded as hell

Just like in any other industry, there's only so many booms or big advancements that can be made before shyt starts to taper off and it becomes about refining and making small improvements. Look at cars and how much their basic functions have "improved" over the last few decades. It's the same exact shyt with minor tweaks and improvements for comfort. Look at movies, cgi came and blew people away but now that shyt has been here for some years, it's the same thing over and over with minor differences. Your getting the same super hero movies made over and over again with the same shyt, just prettier special effects and that is reaching a peak to where you aren't really going to notice improvements or tell the difference between what's real and what isn't.

N64, PS2/3, Xbox etc... Was the boom period for gaming. Now there really isn't too much that can be done to offer nikkas a groundbreaking experience that they haven't already had already. Now it's just about refining what is already there. GTA V is a perfect example, what the fukk else can they do with grand theft auto? Have nikkas brushing their teeth in the morning or going to the store to get shyt paper and swishers?

Point is, take a break or skip some games here and there and come back.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
this is a weird thread... if people are dissatisfied, let them be dissatisfied... you cant just tell them how to feel... especially about something as broad as videogames...

and then on top of that op is bringing up all these features like motion controllers, cameras etc... that literally nobody cares about... if theres one problem with modern consoles its that they have focused on a bunch of bullshyt features that gamers could give 2 shyts about...
:stopitslime:So go to the other million threads called "This gen sucks" and tell them "This is a weird thread...if people are satisfied, let them be satisfied".

They asked for features and they were given features. Much more than the last console gen gave you.
:camby:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
you have a point but theres more to consider now than just content and features. the ps4 and xb1 are very cool box but they are convergence devices now.
not to mention the attention PC has been getting. resources are spread thinner, development costs are up, and excitement for the whole shyt is down on both sides on the fence...
it will pick up. maybe MGS will open the flood gates again like it did in 08. as i recall ppl were still shytting on the ps3 until then and even after

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy

How do I store my saves in the cloud? I'm on p4

You need PS+

1. Launch the Application Saved Data Management Tool
Log in to the desired PS4 user account, push up on the d-pad, and scroll to the right until you reach the ‘Settings’ icon. Scroll down until you reach the ‘Application Saved Data Management Tool’ and select it.
2. Prepare for Upload
Select the ‘Saved Data in System Storage’ icon and select ‘Upload to Online Storage’ to launch a list of your games. Remember, you’ll need an active PlayStation Plus account to access the cloud.
3. Select Your Files
At this point, you should see a list of your games. Hovering over one and pushing the Options button will allow you to turn on ‘Auto-Upload’, which will mean that any saves are copied to the cloud when your system is in standby. Selecting a game will bring up a list of files associated with it. You can select these individually or all at once. Pushing the ‘Upload’ button will copy them to the cloud.
4. Rinse and Repeat
You need to repeat this process for each game that you want to copy saves for. Again, if you intend to do this frequently for a lot of games, it might be best to switch on the auto-upload feature.