This console gen has been treating you ingrates better than you deserve

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
this is a weird thread... if people are dissatisfied, let them be dissatisfied... you cant just tell them how to feel... especially about something as broad as videogames...

and then on top of that op is bringing up all these features like motion controllers, cameras etc... that literally nobody cares about... if theres one problem with modern consoles its that they have focused on a bunch of bullshyt features that gamers could give 2 shyts about...

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
The fatigue is starting to kick in for a lot of gamers that only pick up every Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or any other AAA game every god given year and little else in between.

A new Call of Duty was announced just a few weeks ago and everybody stopped talking about it just days after it's reveal. Think about that.

That's gamers' faults for being dummies with their dollars IMO. I've realized a lot of the shyt going on in gaming industry traces back to consumers speaking with their dollars. Actions speak louder than words because we can all sit here and trash CoD all day, but it's still moving major units year after year. Something ain't adding up.

The only thing this gen lacks is a truly defining game that's unanimous across the board. Otherwise we're just seeing the same ideas on upgraded tech.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Real talk share play is probably the most convenient shyt to happen to consoles. Just a few hours ago I was watching a homie play Ground Zeroes and he was doing shyt I didn't think was possible. I even gave him tips on other things.

That alone kind of makes last gen look :flabbynsick:

I don't know about other brehs but I'm certain this gen is going to be greater.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I do like the share play feature although it's optional... And i do love the screenshot feature. That should have been implemented with last gen. also the recording of gameplay and uploading it.

One thing they need to work on strongly is the voice chat/ game chat... why is it you have echos and people with bad connections? :mindblown: in this day and age with our level of technology the voice over gaming should be crystal clear on both ways like making phone calls...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The fatigue is starting to kick in for a lot of gamers that only pick up every Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or any other AAA game every god given year and little else in between.

A new Call of Duty was announced just a few weeks ago and everybody stopped talking about it just days after it's reveal. Think about that.

Gaming industry about to crash y'all :merchant:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Let's not forget the dozens and dozens on game studios that closed down, resulting in the (near) extinction of mid tier games to fill in the gaps in between big releases. Which is part of the reason why it feels like fewer games are coming out lately.

The gaming budgets just keep going higher and higher thanks to people demanding high end graphics and cinematic game play. That made the average game into a movie budget scenario and made all the unique third party developers broke as fukk.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
:comeon: no it's not... but these Dev's need to stop being lazy and greedy. make some new shyt..

By this time next year, if the PS4 and X1 don't have a dozen exclusive AAA titles, then this gen is a disappointment. Let's face it, the budgets of making these 3rd party developers are exploding and not making much, or any, returns will kill off any form of creativity. We got laptops and phones doing what consoles feature.

Get back to original games. If it aint virtual reality, then it is pointless.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
this is a weird thread... if people are dissatisfied, let them be dissatisfied... you cant just tell them how to feel... especially about something as broad as videogames...

and then on top of that op is bringing up all these features like motion controllers, cameras etc... that literally nobody cares about... if theres one problem with modern consoles its that they have focused on a bunch of bullshyt features that gamers could give 2 shyts about...
my nikka listed a whole bunch of useless features but no games, and then tried to write everyone who complains off as casual gamers :stopitslime:

When they roll some good games out that cant be done on last gen hardware then people wont have nothing to complain about, until then im gonna call this trash garbage like it is

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The gaming budgets just keep going higher and higher thanks to people demanding high end graphics and cinematic game play. That made the average game into a movie budget scenario and made all the unique third party developers broke as fukk.

that i can agree with but there has to be a middle ground alot of indie games are big right now with small budgets... we need to cultivate that...