This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This how nikkas lose. Here you have an opportunity to get in early on the NFT game but yall just too :flabbynsick: & skeptical to see it. Probably wait till it becomes more mainstream 10 yrs from now and complain about we got priced out

nikkas probably still go to Target or bestbuy to buy music CDs too:mjlol:
:mjlol: Look at this aspiring hypebeast.

A question was asked, i answered. Money is also laundered through luxury real estate and art. That doesn't mean they aren't potentially valuable investments, it simply means you should exercise reasonable caution since these particular markets arent based on fundamentals.

You're welcome. :coffee:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because now you got something worth $71k that you can resell. That Youtube video doesn't have any value or owner and nobody paid for that. The clip in itself is not important, it's the fact that it became a unique item somebody paid for.

Like a famed painting. You could do the same exact painting, watch it at a museum for free... But the original is the one which holds value.
I can't be reading this right. This makes no sense, I mean in this case their is no difference between the highlights, just value in itself?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I can't be reading this right. This makes no sense, I mean in this case their is no difference between the highlights, just value in itself?
In the end it's a product people want to pay money for and it's something you can't pay for anywhere else. Trading cards are the same concept. Like others said, you can just find a picture of the player and make your own card and be like "pay me 1000" for this (and you actually can, I've seen people do that, there's a chick I follow on ig that does it with pokemon cards, she paints on them)

Doesn't have to make sense to anyone that doesn't want to collect or invest in it. Gotta remember, it's collectables, this isn't something strictly for people to invest money in for profit, people genuinwly want these moments because they just do and it's infinetly easier to keep up with than cards because they don't have to keep up with their phsyical location or condition.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Digital trading cards? These fools literally created something out of nothing on ya'll :why:
We need to put barcodes on coli posts and sell them shyts. That post where homie found dahell might be worth $10m in a few years :laff:
If you out that on the blockchain there is probably a community of people in the crypto space that would buy those smilies, I'm not joking about that either, it's literally millionaires all over that want to collect non fungible tokens.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No....just no. Y’all doin mental gymnastics to justify this stupid shyt

people are paying nearly 50000 for a single bitcoin when they could just copy the code and make their own bitcoin at home ...

why? because consensus opinion is that bitcoin is worth something.

you can so the same with almost anything

sticks
What tally sticks tell us about how money works

beads
Trade beads - Wikipedia

shells
Shell money - Wikipedia

the first copy of a beatles single
"First-ever copy of The Beatles’ ‘White Album’ sold at auction for just under $1 million"
First-ever copy of The Beatles' 'White Album' sold at auction for just under $1 million | NME

-

the trick is you take something of little value and you imbue special value using a process which you control and which people agree gives it value.

what's to stop someone copying the NBA stuff? the sole agency contracts that they signed.

check these out

Deep Impact: Martian, Lunar and Other Rare Meteorites

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the end it's a product people want to pay money for and it's something you can't pay for anywhere else. Trading cards are the same concept. Like others said, you can just find a picture of the player and make your own card and be like "pay me 1000" for this (and you actually can, I've seen people do that, there's a chick I follow on ig that does it with pokemon cards, she paints on them)

Doesn't have to make sense to anyone that doesn't want to collect or invest in it. Gotta remember, it's collectables, this isn't something strictly for people to invest money in for profit, people genuinwly want these moments because they just do and it's infinetly easier to keep up with than cards because they don't have to keep up with their phsyical location or condition.
I just don't understand why anyone would want to collect this outside of financial gain. Like cool I got a bunch of clips on this online portfolio, if you ain't selling whats the point? Atleast with trading cards you have a unique item you can't access anywhere else outside of a physical purchase. Anyone can watch these clips for free. Im trying to figure out the end game here.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I just don't understand why anyone would want to collect this outside of financial gain. Like cool I got a bunch of clips on this online portfolio, if you ain't selling whats the point? Atleast with trading cards you have a unique item you can't access anywhere else outside of a physical purchase. Anyone can watch these clips for free. Im trying to figure out the end game here.
There are many people who don't understand why anyone would want to collect trading cards period outside of financial gain.

It is the same exact concept as trading cards except digital. You're saying it's not unique because there are clips on Youtube. What makes the physical card unique if anyone can find the exact same picture on google and print it themselves if they want?

The only thing that made the card unique was who made it and stamped it as authentic. Apply the same logic to the digital video clip. The NBA has stamped this clip as authentic. You can keep it in your online gallery or sell it, the same way you can keep your physical card in your notebook or sell it.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Well that's the thing, the card is literally just a piece of cardboard unless it's got an autograph, and at one point of time from the 80-90's they were junk wax cause they over produced them and most of them retained no value.

The end game is not everyone wants to hold physical items. That's the thing, people like me who want these moments want to have assests online, verified on the blockchain (because the blockchain shows that your moment is authentic and once they stop minting it due to the program of blockchain that's it, they can't mint anymore themselves anyway so that's even more scarcity than most ohsycal cards)

Point I'm trying to get across is some people don't want phsyical shyt they want it digital and on the blockchain so that they can prove that that particular asset belongs to them and it's scarcity is verfied as well on there.

Cause think about it like this, if you have a card and it rates anything less than a 9 then you have to sell it almost at the base value of a raw card that may or may not be in a better condition. So you have to monitor and insure that card stays in good condition, you also have to understand how grading works and even with all that care you probably won't get a psa or beckett 10 most likely and it also cost like 20$ just to send the card in to be.graded
You also have to pay for shipping to buy or sell the cards too

So getting phsyical cards comes with extra costs that you simply don't need to pay for when it's digital.

And again when it comes to collecting it can only make sense to you and nobody else, that's the spirit of collecting, it's a personal thing. I know for me I love seeing my moments that I bought, I'd rather not see them on youtube, I like how they display them and the fact I can sell the shyt :yeshrug:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
There are many people who don't understand why anyone would want to collect trading cards period outside of financial gain.

It is the same exact concept as trading cards except digital. You're saying it's not unique because there are clips on Youtube. What makes the physical card unique if anyone can find the exact same picture on google and print it themselves if they want?

The only thing that made the card unique was who made it and stamped it as authentic. Apply the same logic to the digital video clip. The NBA has stamped this clip as authentic. You can keep it in your online gallery or sell it, the same way you can keep your physical card in your notebook or sell it.
Yeah that's another thing too, this is licenced by the nba anyway the same way those cards are