This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually this is just like trading cards. I just can’t believe nerds are doing this still and now don’t even care to not get a physical copy

A photographer takes a pic of Lebron dunking in a game. The NBA owns that photo. They can put it on a poster. A greeting card. A shirt. Put the club on YouTube. Whatever. Or a trading card. Nerd goes and buys it for $10 and he has a card. Yea his man can go get the same card. His mom can see it on sportscenter. Or his brother can watch it online. But that card is 1 of 5000 and it’s worth $50000

Well now you can do the same thing. But the card is now a mp4 of a dunk, instead of a card. The same people who would pay $50000 for a lebron rookie that has no real value but a pic on a paper..... are the same ones paying 50000 for a Lebron dunk on a file

It’s weird but now I get it
:mindblown::mindblown: I get it but I don't get it. With playing cards, I guess the difference to me is that the clip is everywhere, vs back in the day you wouldn't be seeing pictures of Dana Barros rookie card at the click of a button.

So essentially a bunch of nerds pushing the value and other nerds joining in to push the value?

I guess its the same like hypebeasts. Us who grew up in the 90s could easily cop any shoe by just walking in the store. CACs and Asians saw how cool we were with these shoes on our feet and wanted to be in the game :shaq2:

Demand now outpacing supply and the end result are all these dumbass camping out, using bots and other nonsense to be sneakerheads :wtb:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it does to me. It’s company owned by non blacks making millions off of highlight reels showcasing the feats of black athletes.

:unimpressed:
dapperlabs/nba-smart-contracts the repository contains the smart contracts and transactions that implement the core functionality of NBA Top Shot, it's open source you can download it and copy it.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
So the price only means actually what someone is worth waiting to pay... same as a painting

it doesnt make sense to me, because like a few dudes said, its not unique... the same clips is there to download for free

thats like me buying the video of 2pac house of blues concert and saying I own it
when you can just buy the DVD or go on youtube and see the same thing

what makes my copy worth 500k? the number "they" decided to "sell" lol
whats the difference between his copy and me watching in 4k on my computer for free

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I copped some. This is basically, you want the rare cards or cards with the best serial numbers.