This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
but I’m saying why would you want to pay for something you can watch for free?

like say you “own it” and your boy swings by your crib and you’re all like “fam Check out what i just copped for $71k!” Then show him your “digital card”

then he’s like coo and pulls out his phone and shows you the exact same clip :francis:
Your clip is worth a lot just off the strength that it got a unique signature and that you bought it for $71k. Just like a collectible card or a painting.

Replace the clip by a collectible card, an object of art or whatever. I can have a chair and you can tell me it's not worth shyt because you have the same one, right? But if I tell you the chair is unique because it was presented to an exposition by an artist of worldwide renown, all of a sudden it's worth a lot more. And if I were to run an auction for the highest bidder I would probably make bank.

This is the same principle.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Your clip is worth a lot just off the strength that it got a unique signature and that you bought it for $71k. Just like a collectible card or a painting.

Replace the clip by a collectible card, an object of art or whatever. I can have a chair and you can tell me it's not worth shyt because you have the same one, right? But if I tell you the chair is unique because it was presented to an exposition by an artist of worldwide renown, all of a sudden it's worth a lot more. And if I were to run an auction for the highest bidder I would probably make bank.

This is the same principle.

no because when you have a card you have a physical item ...there are only so many in circulation so your buddy can’t swing by with a replica ...there were only so many made

video clips are everywhere ....the “signature” is hypebeast talk ...owning rare physical items it’s what creates value

videos and content pieces are only valuable when you own the rights to them otherwise you just have a YouTube clip with a “signature”

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
no because when you have a card you have a physical item ...there are only so many in circulation so your buddy can’t swing by with a replica ...there were only so many made

video clips are everywhere ....the “signature” is hypebeast talk ...owning rare physical items it’s what creates value

videos and content pieces are only valuable when you own the rights to them otherwise you just have a YouTube clip with a “signature”
Aight breh :hubie:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess it's a network effect, sort of like you own that clip on the platform.

So it's becomes "look at my collection versus your collection" on that platform only.

Imagine if every youtube highlight was owned by somebody and only they could let you see it if they wanted you to.