smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Damn Herc is a bytch ass nikka to everyone

Herc is very similar to D'Angelo.

both characters who cause the downfall of other characters. both guys who were really in too deep.

as far as D, he just wasn't built for this. and him getting caught up with he body, him getting in a relationship with Shardeen, all that stuff is the beginning of the end.

too much to even touch, but Ima just say fukk D. when he is locked up and telling on people, the way he tells on Weebay. its like he don't got no love for him at all. like that nikka did something to him. I can go out on a limb and say I kinda understand why he would wanna hurt his uncle and string, but Weebay aint did shyt to D.

Herc, same type of thing. promoted to SGT, dude has no business being a SGT. ended up calling the Sun Papers to let them know about Hamsterdam.

then he let little Kevin know that randy was the one talking to the cops, which ended up getting randy put back into a group home. the stuff with bubbles also let you know how much of a shytty person Herc was.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Herc is very similar to D'Angelo.

both characters who cause the downfall of other characters. both guys who were really in too deep.

as far as D, he just wasn't built for this. and him getting caught up with he body, him getting in a relationship with Shardeen, all that stuff is the beginning of the end.

too much to even touch, but Ima just say fukk D. when he is locked up and telling on people, the way he tells on Weebay. its like he don't got no love for him at all. like that nikka did something to him. I can go out on a limb and say I kinda understand why he would wanna hurt his uncle and string, but Weebay aint did shyt to D.

Herc, same type of thing. promoted to SGT, dude has no business being a SGT. ended up calling the Sun Papers to let them know about Hamsterdam.

then he let little Kevin know that randy was the one talking to the cops, which ended up getting randy put back into a group home. the stuff with bubbles also let you know how much of a shytty person Herc was.
Yeah but at least D’Angelo cares about other ppl
Herc is just...ugh

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
chris and marlo to me, were the new avon and stringer.. young nikkas, murder you for anything, no respect for the rules, no respect for the OGs, no respect for the cops. chris didn't have to send hits to murder entire familes, just cause somebody heard he said somebody called marlo a fakkit.. nikkas torturing the blind man just to kill him anyway so omar will come back.. then when omar comes back, what does chris do all the sudden? doesn't tell marlo that his name is being dissed IN THE STREETS.. he got snoop to lie for him, monk.. everybody trying to keep the secret, cause chris didn't want marlo to go handle it in the street.

now in chris case, he wanted to do it instead.. but that's one thing that hasn't changed. if you that guy and another man is running around stealing from you, calling your name in public mid robbery, saying you a bytch, and you won't see him.. and you duck and hide and he gets popped by a 12 year old... maaaaaaaaaan your name is forever muddied in these streets. which is why marlo flipped in jail. then had to leave that party to hear nikkas talking bout omar and clowning his name even after his death.

that's chris fault. i never said he was disloyal. but that one mistake is where he didn't respect that code... marlo and avon loved them streets like mitch :mjcry:

interesting take.
Though I think you should remember that Chris really was a master tactician. He knew that Omar calling out Marlo publicly, was to draw him out...just like killing Butchie (and leaving the wtiness to tell omar how he was tortured) was meant to draw Omar out.

The minute Marlo finds out that his name is getting dragged on the streets, he goes out on the streets to find Omar HIMSELF, and nobody could stop him from doing it. And Omar lines him up and hits him easily.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
One thing I always wondered about was why Chris always looked bummy. Marlo obviously was feeding his team. His other lieutenants (Snoop &Monk) were usually dressed nice, kept fresh haircuts, had nice cars, etc. Chris was just super low-key. The only time we saw Chris' wealth was when he had to go on the run, but went home first.
Maybe, like somebody said in this thread, Chris was really like Stringer. Instead of trying to look "hood rich", he was actually stacking his paper & making investments or other power moves.

"Chris..he different, you can tell by them country ass c00n clothes he be wearing"-Donut.....when the kids are sitting around talking shyt.

Chris was a cold soul less zombie, the story hints at why he is so cold. It actually threw me off when he smiled.
In that way, he's like the Errol character in Clockers.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I caught the molestation part, so I get that. I just meant his low key lifestyle. He has money, a nice house, cars, and a family (I think he mentioned his girl and his kid). Maybe he's just trying to stay under the radar.
They show his girl and his kids. It's after the Omar shyt, when him and Snoop have to get low after missing their shot.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn't realize Avon and Bodie are both based off the same person

The real Omar (The guy who was with him when they went to kill Monk, and ended up getting killed), was a writer on the show. He was serving life in prison for murdering a drug dealer in 86 but became an informant, so he got an early release. That window scene is based off a real story that happened to him. He died back in 2012.

Stringer Bell is based off Kenneth Jackson
Marlo is based off Timmorror Stanfield

The original Wire's script was so real, the real Baltimore police department asked them to change certain things because it could hurt their current investigations.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
One thing I always wondered about was why Chris always looked bummy. Marlo obviously was feeding his team. His other lieutenants (Snoop &Monk) were usually dressed nice, kept fresh haircuts, had nice cars, etc. Chris was just super low-key. The only time we saw Chris' wealth was when he had to go on the run, but went home first.
Maybe, like somebody said in this thread, Chris was really like Stringer. Instead of trying to look "hood rich", he was actually stacking his paper & making investments or other power moves.
chis has a whole ass family, i dont think he cares about looking flashy, also that flashy shyt gets you noticed

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Did they ever show what actually happened to Dante? I loved how disappointed Omar was after seeing how little damage he took before giving up Omar's location.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
interesting take.
Though I think you should remember that Chris really was a master tactician. He knew that Omar calling out Marlo publicly, was to draw him out...just like killing Butchie (and leaving the wtiness to tell omar how he was tortured) was meant to draw Omar out.

The minute Marlo finds out that his name is getting dragged on the streets, he goes out on the streets to find Omar HIMSELF, and nobody could stop him from doing it. And Omar lines him up and hits him easily.
that's kinda of my point... that works as a strategy move, same way going co-op or giving up those towers worked business wise

in the streets tho.... your rep takes a major hit when you look to be dodging and ducking a nikka. what was the first thing marlo told chris to do directly after getting out of jail? go right back to those same streets and tell people that he never told marlo the truth.

think about that.. marlo wanted his second in command, to personally go to the hood, to spread the word that dead omar's message never got to marlo... and that marlo will see anybody and is not scared

what was avon so pissed at stringer for? worried too much about that co-op and going legit and shyt... ignoring marlo, letting him take their corners, letting joe take the towers... yes they made more money.. but the barksdale name was bullshyt on the street

even poot saw that coming a mile away.. your rep/name is everything

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
that's kinda of my point... that works as a strategy move, same way going co-op or giving up those towers worked business wise

in the streets tho.... your rep takes a major hit when you look to be dodging and ducking a nikka. what was the first thing marlo told chris to do directly after getting out of jail? go right back to those same streets and tell people that he never told marlo the truth.

think about that.. marlo wanted his second in command, to personally go to the hood, to spread the word that dead omar's message never got to marlo... and that marlo will see anybody and is not scared

what was avon so pissed at stringer for? worried too much about that co-op and going legit and shyt... ignoring marlo, letting him take their corners, letting joe take the towers... yes they made more money.. but the barksdale name was bullshyt on the street

even poot saw that coming a mile away.. your rep/name is everything

even Michael called it out in this scene

He called out the fact that Marlo had June Bug whole family killed off a rumor but Omar calling Marlo a bytch everyday, robbing his stash houses and nothing happening