Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i don’t think Wallace was above poot. I think they were on the same level, but wallace was more responsible and more of a leader. Think to him being responsible of the kid lookouts, feeding them and getting them to school.

But bodie was higher ranking then them tho
Yeah and eventually Bodie was head of the third tier. If you remember in season 3, on their board. Bodie is considered a lieutenant, first it's Stringer and Avon, then Slim Charles and Bodie right under him with Shamrock.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yeah and eventually Bodie was head of the third tier. If you remember in season 3, on their board. Bodie is considered a lieutenant, first it's Stringer and Avon, then Slim Charles and Bodie right under him with Shamrock.
Yea by season 3 he was a boss after that trip he took

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
True for the most part but Herc did have moments where he tried to be respectful of other people.

It's easy to forget that scene (and the follow up when Bodie is caught with that card on him, which proved that the grandmother actually did follow through and give Bodie the card that Herc left) because Carver ends up being the one to show massive character growth later on. It just goes to show how Colvin and Daniels had a really strong influence on Carver. People aren't finished products the second they start their job. Career mentorship can really go a long way.

Real shyt.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot all about that but I do remember now.

Another thing is Chris damn near seemed shook to tell Marlo. Wasn’t just Mike wanting to tell Marlo. A few others voiced the need to tell him and Chris always was like nah nah. Like he knew that nikka was crazy.

Then in the jail when Marlo finds out. Omar is dead already. Chris is still looking at monk like “nikka shut up and stop talking”. Marlo starts barking on nikkas and Chris just puts his head down in shame like he knew he fukked up.

Then the last scene is the most telling. He had the world in his hands. He’s free, rich, and in the room with Baltimore’s real kings. And all he can do is go back to the street. And when he hears his name being dragged, walks up, beats up a nikka with a knife and his partner with a gun, with his bare hands and runs them off their corner.

That last scene is Marlo showing why he’s boss.
did he even hear his name? i thought he just walked up to them to start some shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
did he even hear his name? i thought he just walked up to them to start some shyt
They were talking about Omar. They didn't even know who Marlo was :mjlol:
he's right.. marlo was just looking for the drama.. dudes was out there talking about how omar went out on some rambo shyt.. basically omar's name and legend was living on, even if it was a lie.. he died bigger than he was.. his name was his name

meanwhile marlo the god of the city... and these nikkas don't even know him

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I still haven’t watched a single episode yet. I do plan on binge watching everything from the start.

When does it start picking up? I heared the first season is real slow.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My dude, you are no joke. I consider myself a super wire fan, and I NEVER peeped this.

yessir, Marlo... goes by the street name of Black..... I mean this dude coulda got the same weed where he was right.... but had to go back to the west side

Bodie was old school. the scene where he is venting to McNulty after he gets out of lock up. he's right.

when they have a full system in place, Bodie is a fukking soldier. and when he walked out of Boys Village, they did bring in Leavy to take care of his case.

game didn't change on him though, just got more fierce

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
I still haven’t watched a single episode yet. I do plan on binge watching everything from the start.

When does it start picking up? I heared the first season is real slow.

Take two to three days off work and binge breh. Don’t try to look in-depth your first viewing, the first time is meant to enjoy this masterpiece. (2nd Season optional) :mjpls:

Your second viewing is where you start picking up a lot of shyt you didn’t see the first time, it’s almost like watching a new show.

Maybe this is me but my third time watching it and maybe it was due to mature growth I started to root for and indentify with the complete opposite characters.