get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Watched the Wire and then saw films that seemed to have influenced the show

first is self explanatory

original.jpg

2. In Once Upon A Time In America, the "pocket watch" and how it gets repeatedly stolen.....is like Old Face Andre's traveling ring....

3. The welcome back party for Avon......is shot like the welcome back party(from jail) that is thrown for Deniro's character.String even has a tuxedo on in the scene.

720full-once-upon-a-time-in-america-screenshot.jpg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Watched the Wire and then saw films that seemed to have influenced the show

first is self explanatory

original.jpg

2. In Once Upon A Time In America, the "pocket watch" and how it gets repeatedly stolen.....is like Old Face Andre's traveling ring....

3. The welcome back party for Avon......is shot like the welcome back party(from jail) that is thrown for Deniro's character.String even has a tuxedo on in the scene.

720full-once-upon-a-time-in-america-screenshot.jpg

Clockers makes sense, based on a book written by Richard spence who also did writing for the wire.

Daps
Clockers makes sense, based on a book written by Richard spence who also did writing for the wire.

Yep. That scene where Kima takes the little boy and does the "Good night moon" recitation was taken from the Clockers book.

And wow, here's one I literally just caught just now while thinking of one to add to this thread.

Peep game:

When Omar is waiting to testify against Bird in Season 1, he helps out the court officer with a crossword puzzle, telling him that the god of war, Mars, is also called Ares by the Greeks. "Same dude, different name is all." And then he tells him that when he was a kid he used to love Greek mythology. The scene was inspired by David Simon finding that alot of the street kids he knew in Baltimore rarely paid attention to any school subjects, but would be really interested in Greek mythology.

I was just now thinking that Omar was supposed to be the series "God of War", feared in the streets, warring with rivals all the time, living off the reputation of his name alone.

Sound familiar to any other character in The Wire?

marlo.jpg

"Same dude, different name is all."

Marlo is an anagram for Omar L. (Omar Little)

:wow:

"If the Gods are fukking you, you find a way to fukk them back. It's Baltimore gentleman. The Gods will not save you" - Commissioner Burrell

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Yep. That scene where Kima takes the little boy and does the "Good night moon" recitation was taken from the Clockers book.

And wow, here's one I literally just caught just now while thinking of one to add to this thread.

Peep game:

When Omar is waiting to testify against Bird in Season 1, he helps out the court officer with a crossword puzzle, telling him that the god of war, Mars, is also called Ares by the Greeks. "Same dude, different name is all." And then he tells him that when he was a kid he used to love Greek mythology. The scene was inspired by David Simon finding that alot of the street kids he knew in Baltimore rarely paid attention to any school subjects, but would be really interested in Greek mythology.

I was just now thinking that Omar was supposed to be the series "God of War", feared in the streets, warring with rivals all the time, living off the reputation of his name alone.

Sound familiar to any other character in The Wire?

marlo.jpg

"Same dude, different name is all."

Marlo is an anagram for Omar L. (Omar Little)

:wow:

"If the Gods are fukking you, you find a way to fukk them back. It's Baltimore gentleman. The Gods will not save you" - Commissioner Burrell

:ohhh: nikka real talk this shyt blew my mind.

Would love to hear you thoughts on Chris and Snoops characters through an analysis :feedme:

My cousin always saying Snoop is a representation of women in criminal society having to be more crazier than a man to get her soldiers respect and that Chris was similar to Omar but Marlo bested him and instead of killing him and wasting his potential making Chris swear undying loyalty to him.​

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
It isn’t really hidden but looking back on it Chris might be even similar to Stringer but instead of trying to be boss he played his role. Numerous types Marlo would ask him for advice both for money and violence and he spiked give him the right answer on how to approach things.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The real Andre McCullough played Brother Mouzone's bodyguard/Lamar. His story was told on the HBO Series: The Corner which had me :mjcry:cause I have family and friends who gone through those situations....

He unfortunately passed away in 2012 of an OD.

The real Fran had a cameo in the Wire too I think. She definitely had one in the Corner when her character (played by Khandi Alexander) was checking in to rehab.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Would love to hear you thoughts on Chris and Snoops characters through an analysis :feedme:

My cousin always saying Snoop is a representation of women in criminal society having to be more crazier than a man to get her soldiers respect and that Chris was similar to Omar but Marlo bested him and instead of killing him and wasting his potential making Chris swear undying loyalty to him.​
David Simon said Chris was an ex-military but they never got a chance to write it into the script. That’s why he’s so proficient

parallax

Superstar
Daps

My cousin always saying Snoop is a representation of women in criminal society having to be more crazier than a man to get her soldiers respect and that Chris was similar to Omar but Marlo bested him and instead of killing him and wasting his potential making Chris swear undying loyalty to him.

I don't think it's like that with Chris and Marlo. Chris seems to outright like and respect Marlo to the point that he brings Marlo around family. I think they might have done dirt together as a group with snoop and as they got bigger they just stuck together since they know they can trust each other. I don't think Marlo would take a soldier he forced to trust him to Atlantic city