Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
When was Much on The Wire?

in season 5 when Gus goes looking for a cop to check on that Templeton story. you see munch in the bar, telling one of the bartenders how he used to have a bar in Baltimore back in the day.

that thing with Michael's first kill being that guy who was beating bubbles, that was in another wire thread on here a few months ago.

I really don't think its the same guy. first just on looks, doesn't look like him to me. second, dude just seems like a dope fiend, not sure what type of beef he would have with Marlo and them.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1:53 mark

y'all niccas are blind as hell :mjlol: that aint no damn kennard :dahell:

and the woman with the baby that omar 'hooked up' is clearly in her 20's in the scene when michael's moms is clearly in her late 30's early 40's...y'all fools need to get some glasses

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
in season 5 when Gus goes looking for a cop to check on that Templeton story. you see munch in the bar, telling one of the bartenders how he used to have a bar in Baltimore back in the day.

Guy who played Gus was a series regular on Homicide. I wanted the show to have him playing an ex cop turned journalist, but season 5 was gonna be wack regardless.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
y'all niccas are blind as hell

and the woman with the baby that omar 'hooked up' is clearly in her 20's in the scene when michael's moms is clearly in her late 30's early 40's...y'all fools need to get some glasses

I'm, the guy who wrote that the fiend and Mike's mom were the same character played by the same woman.

There was a more than 3 year period in real time between the first season and the 4th, so I thought she was just older and makeup added to make her look even older.

The women do bear a resemblance. The L is by my foot, but I'm not picking it up just yet.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
The Greeks may actually be Russian immigrants from Greece .... When discussing business with Joe, He ask Vondas where he is going ? Vondas says nothing but if you look in the background an Eastern Orthodox Church appears . Their Zips and import soldiers were all Russian too .... I may be wrong though.

Naa it's implied that The Greek may be Cypriot or Armenian ... He calls the Turk "countryman"

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
David Simon said it's a common misconception that Cutty stayed and waited for the police after he called them and said "I just shot a nikka come get em". It's based on a true Baltimore story and the real shooter didn't wait for the cops either. Whatever Cutty was locked up in Jessup for, it wasn't that shooting.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The real Andre McCullough played Brother Mouzone's bodyguard/Lamar. His story was told on the HBO Series: The Corner which had me :mjcry:cause I have family and friends who gone through those situations....

He unfortunately passed away in 2012 of an OD.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
y'all niccas are blind as hell :mjlol: that aint no damn kennard :dahell:

9a6iO28.png

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

kenard-o.gif

9m1roF1.jpg

w4FYWVl.jpg

:bryan:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Guy who played Gus was a series regular on Homicide. I wanted the show to have him playing an ex cop turned journalist, but season 5 was gonna be wack regardless.
I like season 5 a lot. I know it gets a bad rap but I think it’s a great season.