Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mouzone is a Bishop because he moves down on Stringer in a straight line from the stairs, a Bishop can only move diagonally, not to mention the religious tie in here too. And if you look at the Wikipedia breakdown of moves a Knight can make you'll get a new appreciation for the scene.

Unlike all other standard chess pieces, the knight can "jump over" all other pieces (of either color) to its destination square. It captures an enemy piece by replacing it on its square. The knight's ability to "jump over" other pieces means it tends to be at its most powerful in closed positions (the unfinished building had no where for Stringer to escape), in contrast to a bishop. The knight moves alternately to light and dark squares (we first see Omar in the darkness and gradually see him move to the light when they kill Stringer). A knight should always be close to where the action is (pretty obvious with Omar), meaning it is best used on areas of the board where the opponent's pieces are clustered or close together (Omar always robbing stash houses).

juelz gif

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This was the only scene that featured background music.. felt out of place but dope nonetheless

Nah this shyt was hard. To me it just kinda showed that time itself kinda stopped when the Gawd Avon himself came down to see the peons in the Pit :wow:

He was just a gangster, I suppose :wow:.He just wanted his fukking corners :wow:

Avon >>>>>>>>>>

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
They only mentioned gangs once in the series. It's when Officer Walker got yellow paint thrown on him and he said he "Made them for Bloods"

I feel like they put that in there for a reason. I really feel like they had a plan of doing an season about gangs in Baltimore but scrapped it. I know they was gonna do one on Mexican gangs in season 6, if they would've done it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They only mentioned gangs once in the series. It's when Officer Walker got yellow paint thrown on him and he said he "Made them for Bloods"

I feel like they put that in there for a reason. I really feel like they had a plan of doing an season about gangs in Baltimore but scrapped it. I know they was gonna do one on Mexican gangs in season 6, if they would've done it.

Walker was such a bytch ass clown. I always thought the B-more was structured in a way that west coast gang sets could never establish there. The news coverage from the riots there from 2015 says different though.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Walker was such a bytch ass clown. I always thought the B-more was structured in a way that west coast gang sets could never establish there. The news coverage from the riots there from 2015 says different though.
Yeah there’s a lot gangs on Baltimore knowing how entrenched into the streets they are, I’m surprised they didn’t touch on it more.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fen1.png

vlcsnap-2017-07-17-22h29m34s703.png
Peep:wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm telling you bruh :pachaha:

IMDB just used some random black actresses name in the credits

Upon further review........the call on the field stands

You have an eagle's eye, because she does resemble her, but it's not her.
the_real_dancer.jpg

This is the actress credited....and she's clearly the same woman in the scene.

You should be a baseball umpire because it could have gone either way.

SunGod

All Star
Daps
Was there any mention of Michael and Bug's aunt other than Michael telling his friends that she lives in Howard County? There must've been some contact since she was expecting Bug, but she didn't even speak to Mike when they showed up. She took his money though.

:mjgrin:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not the same dude :francis:

They played music when Cutty was jogging through the city during election day. They played Curtis Mayfield's "Move On Up" throughout the whole scene and it wasn't someone playing it. It was just background music.

That music was supposed to be coming from Cutty's earbuds.