things from "The Wire" that you wish was different

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
obviously, the whole serial murder storyline:camby:

Aside from that, it was really disappointing seeing String turn on Avon so easily. Snitching on Avon the way he did (giving up the safe house) meant that not only would Avon go back to prison, but it would decimate Avon's whole crew. What was left of Barksdale's muscle was going down too....so what was Stringers play? To go work for Joe, like Slim Charles? Marlo was still a problem, and with Avon gone, who was gonna stop him?
This is quite possibly the stupidest post on here, this is a drug crew, they were always going to get tested, if not Marlo them someone else. Stop him? Why stop him? He didn't a damn thing different from Avon and String. You talking like Avon wasn't selling coke and dope and dropping bodies just like Marlo, because he displayed warm at times he a good guy that was a champion for Baltimore? Avon was just as much a piece of shyt as Marlo.

Daps
This is quite possibly the stupidest post on here, this is a drug crew, they were always going to get tested, if not Marlo them someone else. Stop him? Why stop him? He didn't a damn thing different from Avon and String. You talking like Avon wasn't selling coke and dope and dropping bodies just like Marlo, because he displayed warm at times he a good guy that was a champion for Baltimore? Avon was just as much a piece of shyt as Marlo.

The fukk are you talking about? :dahell:

I didn't say a damn thing about good or bad. Marlo was an adversary of String, sending Avon to prison wasn't going to stop that.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
CJLsXKo.png

Daps
The way Bodie went :sadcam:

But I wouldn't change it...it's like things coming full circle after how him and Poot did Wallace in S1 :dwillhuh:

Show was almost perfect to me. Season 5 was obviously the one that could've been stronger

brick james

John piffington
Daps

:scust: this random ass post :russ:

brick james

John piffington
Daps
obviously, the whole serial murder storyline:camby:

Aside from that, it was really disappointing seeing String turn on Avon so easily. Snitching on Avon the way he did (giving up the safe house) meant that not only would Avon go back to prison, but it would decimate Avon's whole crew. What was left of Barksdale's muscle was going down too....so what was Stringers play? To go work for Joe, like Slim Charles? Marlo was still a problem, and with Avon gone, who was gonna stop him?

Yeah this shyt didn't make sense to me. Stringer had literally no reason to snitch on Avon. The worst case scenario with Avon running the streets like a maniac with grenades was that the violence brought too much heat on the team, and their cash flow got fukked up. I fail to see how him making that happen faster helped him.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
I wish the show would focus more on the Barksdale/Stansfield crews like Sopranos focused on Tony and crew. I wasn't that interested in the the cop side of the show.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An actual show down between the crews. Marlos crew getting hit.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Omar getting murked by a kid wasn't out the blue as some of you think. The show went out it's way to show Omar having a soft heart towards kids and even letting his guard down around them. Shyyt, before he got his head blown off they show Omar turning around and looking at the person entering the store when he heard the bell go off only to ignore them. Why, because it was Kenard. Rewatch the show, you have Omar dismissing Michael's meeting with Marlo, saying "he's just a kid".......but we all know it's an important moment in the show.

It was the ONLY logical conclusion that someone he didn't suspect get that close enough to him to blast him. .

To add to this there was also foreshadowing after Omar and his crew had the gun fight with the Barksdale crew at the stash house with Kenard fighting with the kids to be Omar. You also see Kenard later start to burn stray cats. It's a steady descent into evil and madness

Daps
Yeah this shyt didn't make sense to me. Stringer had literally no reason to snitch on Avon. The worst case scenario with Avon running the streets like a maniac with grenades was that the violence brought too much heat on the team, and their cash flow got fukked up. I fail to see how him making that happen faster helped him.

I understand why he wanted Avon back in prison...it meant String could go back to being de facto Boss. I just didn't understand why he would give up the safe house. That left him with no crew to be a boss of. All he could do then was become Prop Joe's underling.

Ultimately, I think it was a rash decision he made immediately (iirc) after finally realizing the politicians and developers were milking his dumb ghetto ass...and right after Avon threw that fact in his face.

It was a bytch move in every sense of the word 'bytch'....cowardly, and irrational.

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
Prezbo was da gawd.:yeshrug:

I wish Marlo would have got his comeuppance. Everything else worked perfectly, aside from that.