things from "The Wire" that you wish was different

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
The only thing that didn't sit right was the fact that the Greeks took to Joe's passing like it was nothing. Maybe it was to show a point that all power and street legend stuff didn't mean anything in the bigger scope of things but the way they showed Joe's and Vondas relationship it was more than business. I just wish either Slim or SOMEONE from the CO-OP popped Marlo in the back of the head for making the price of the brick go up.

brick james

John piffington
Daps
I was an Avon stan, but them nikkas was going to kick String and the Barksdales out of the co-op cause of the Marlo beef :manny:

Yeah, but the Marlo beef wasn't going to end with Avon going to jail. I thought it was pretty obvious in Season 3 that marlo had no intention of ever falling in line, and that he was gonna run wild on the west side unless he was killed. that's why I didn't understand why stringer's best move wouldn't have been to wait until Avon won the war and then had him locked up or killed

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!
Daps
The only thing that didn't sit right was the fact that the Greeks took to Joe's passing like it was nothing. Maybe it was to show a point that all power and street legend stuff didn't mean anything in the bigger scope of things but the way they showed Joe's and Vondas relationship it was more than business. I just wish either Slim or SOMEONE from the CO-OP popped Marlo in the back of the head for making the price of the brick go up.
Honestly it was retarded of the writers to have the Greek approve Marlo murking Joe. Just one of many terrible writing decisions they did in Season 5 :stopitslime:

I thought they explained exactly what happened there: "he keeps coming back, this he has shown us"

Joe made the monumental mistake in ever letting Marlo meet the Greeks. His death was sealed then. Slim Charles saw it, even Joe saw it. Joe was just desperate.

People tend to romanticize the relationship between Joe and the Greeks. They liked Joe cuz he was dependable and kept them insulated from everything beyond the shipment, but when shyt hit the fan, they weren't going to sending him a fake passport to get out of town like they did the Madame. He wasn't a part of that circle, he was just a business partner.

They did right by Joe, rebuffing Marlo's initial offers, but ultimately that was Joe's problem that he never properly dealt with. Joe never asked for their assistance and if Joe couldn't see that introducing Marlo to them was an error, then maybe he was falling off and it was time to let Darwinism take its course :yeshrug:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I think Joe was too afraid of Marlo and he thought civilizing him was a way to control him. He didn't think the boy was so ambitious. Yea it was Joe's fault. But I liked him. I like my villains with some personality. Marlo was just.... Evil. He didn't have a polarizing character which I guess made him much more a force than human. It would have nice to have him get murked or even Chris to relay the same message they did with Omar's death. Remember after he had his last thought blown from the back of his head, Omar just had a John Doe on his toe tag. He was human.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wish

stringer barksdale fued lasted the whole season

wallace didnt get killed

marlo gets killed

snoop survives

season 5 was never created

kareem929

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ/NC
I wish they would've tortured Levy!
I wished for more lesbo scenes with Kima.
I wish Avon made it out!
I wish Marlo got knocked and beat down in jail without his muscle!
I wish they showed more background on the Greek!
I wish Bunk and Mcnulty had a spin off show!
I wish this fukking show was still on!:mjcry:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This thread made me do my quarterly viewing of Wire scenes

This shyt is jokes until you realize just how out of place they are :mjcry:

teacher

All Star
Daps
I wish it wasn't so formulaic.....get the wite problem solved rinse repeat for 5 seasons

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
To add to this there was also foreshadowing after Omar and his crew had the gun fight with the Barksdale crew at the stash house with Kenard fighting with the kids to be Omar. You also see Kenard later start to burn stray cats. It's a steady descent into evil and madness

Thats wild. I remember the scene but had no idea that was Kenard :wow:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I thought they explained exactly what happened there: "he keeps coming back, this he has shown us"

Joe made the monumental mistake in ever letting Marlo meet the Greeks. His death was sealed then. Slim Charles saw it, even Joe saw it. Joe was just desperate.

People tend to romanticize the relationship between Joe and the Greeks. They liked Joe cuz he was dependable and kept them insulated from everything beyond the shipment, but when shyt hit the fan, they weren't going to sending him a fake passport to get out of town like they did the Madame. He wasn't a part of that circle, he was just a business partner.

They did right by Joe, rebuffing Marlo's initial offers, but ultimately that was Joe's problem that he never properly dealt with. Joe never asked for their assistance and if Joe couldn't see that introducing Marlo to them was an error, then maybe he was falling off and it was time to let Darwinism take its course :yeshrug:

If its that serious then why not just kill Marlo instead of a trusted partner? The Greeks had nothing to gain from choosing Marlo over Prop Joe.

To me this is the only major plot hole in the series. The serial killer shyt was a stretch obviously, but I understood the reasoning

Daps
If its that serious then why not just kill Marlo instead of a trusted partner? The Greeks had nothing to gain from choosing Marlo over Prop Joe.

To me this is the only major plot hole in the series. The serial killer shyt was a stretch obviously, but I understood the reasoning

Because they're not street level drug dealers and there will always be another Marlo. They kill this Marlo for Joe, are they gonna have to kill the next ones too? They're not at that level, so they don't know what killing Marlo does....will it start a war? That wouldn't be good for business. It's reasonable to believe that they may have taken care of Marlo if Joe asked (and paid), but Joe didn't ask.

What Joe did do was bring another person (Marlo) to meet them. When Vondas agrees to sell to Marlo, he explicitly tells him that no one else needs to know him, you don't think he told Joe that?

They didn't choose Marlo over Joe, they let the streets be the streets which is all they could do unless they were willing to get on those streets themselves