They’re Coming For Umar: “10 Year Scam To Build A Fake School.”

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The aunties and grandmas that are donating or have donated are not up to date on social media news in the community. You probably just don’t think he’s a scammer for real. I don’t either. I just think he’s in over his head.
Whether he's a scammer or in over his head is irrelevant. Accountability is due regardless

"Umar was in over his head" is used as a point of sympathy and a conversation ender. I believe he was in over his head too but he still has to answer for shyt

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I mean after a while you realize you're spending money and getting nothing out of it.

I first remember hearing about the school around 2012. If I have been giving money to make the school since then, I'm basically just throwing my money away. If every year I put $100 into stocks from 2012 to now, I'd have *something* to show for it.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Nope. We can say fukk Umar and Double fukk a white man jumping into our business.

Malcolm X called it before he was killed. Even tho his attitude had changed about white folks, he still knew that Black people in America needed to be conditioned to deal with our own issues on our own so he couldn't just start bringing white people in Black peoples spaces like that.
More low key caping. This dude goes after scammers, most of whom are white. Saying he can't go after certain scammers because they're Black is pathetic.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
How about we think of it like this: If we handled our business internally, efficiently, and expeditiously; it would be far more difficult for those outside of our community to be able to use our problems as a means of generating income and an engine of stereotype creation. We need to be more proactive in our attempts to remove the scammers from in our midst who are harming our people, instead of dragging our feet and in some cases finding some reason to defend them.

We as a community have an economics problem that we need to concern ourselves with, and scammers like Dr. Umar Johnson are an existential threat to our people's economic future. Are they a bigger threat than White Supremacy, no, but they are a threat that we should not ignore or attempt to sweep under some metaphorical rug.

Too many of our people are wasting their money on hope and dream sellers who are either incapable of following through or outright have no intention to follow through. We, among our people who know better, need to be informing those of us who do not know and also working to remove those taking advantage of the desires and ignorance of our people who fall for the schemes.