They will know us by the trail of the dead - WALKING DEAD Season 5

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I get that its a running joke but this whole "they don't have more than one black person at a time" is getting old. Especially when they clearly still have THREE black main characters on the show (Michonne, Sasha, Gabriel) and Morgan is def making a comeback eventually.

Real talk, for this show to be so successful, I applaud them for being so diverse in the casting over the years. Just as many white main characters have died on the show, if not more.
nikka shut your c00n ass up :camby:

nikkas are not complaining over the death of one black character or two, but the trend in general. Take the last four deaths in the show: Bob, Beth, Tyreese, Noah. Out of four, three are black men. See the pattern?

And it's not only their death, but also their characterization. When was the last time you saw a black man on TV who became a hero? Can't remember? That's because there is NONE. Black men aren't allowed to be heroes on American TV. They are either shown as violent and unreasonable (like Tyreese punching Rick after his gf died), or stupid and alcoholic (Bob), or a coward (Gabriel), or having no personality at all (Noah and T-Dawg).

Look at all the heroes on TWD: Rick (white), Daryl (white), Abraham (White), Glenn (Asian but white-washed and white-approved because he got a white gf). Even coward liar Eugene (white) can now claim his hero status because he saved Tara. How many black heroes do we have? None. Noah didn't contribute anything except getting Beth killed. Tyreese was barely able to save Judith and couldn't even kill the guy who threatened a baby. Gabriel is a sobbing cowardly mess. Bob, all he did was smiling and making jokes, then got his leg eaten.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I give the show props for having lots of black folks, I think the real problem is they have zero idea how to write a strong black male character that isn't stereotypical(unless they are old). I don't think Hollywood knows how honestly.... Plus black characters are always more expendable than white ones. Sad truth...even michonne isn't safe and people love the character.

And even if they do, its like the american people don't want to see that. Sure if he's brolic stud. But can you imagine if daryl was black? How much of his character would change strictly off stereotypes in the viewers mind.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Black
Women...sure. But black men have a short ass shelf life. I'd be scared as fukk as a black character and they suddenly give me more than four lines in one scene.

I get that, but shyt, they killed off a white guy early and then gave half his stuff from the comics to a black guy, who overcame being an alcoholic to become the moral center of the group for a full season. I also like the fact that the black characters aren't all some sort of stereotype personally. :yeshrug:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
nikka shut your c00n ass up :camby:

nikkas are not complaining over the death of one black character or two, but the trend in general. Take the last four deaths in the show: Bob, Beth, Tyreese, Noah. Out of four, three are black men. See the pattern?

And it's not only their death, but also their characterization. When was the last time you saw a black man on TV who became a hero? Can't remember? That's because there is NONE. Black men aren't allowed to be heroes on American TV. They are either shown as violent and unreasonable (like Tyreese punching Rick after his gf died), or stupid and alcoholic (Bob), or a coward (Gabriel), or having no personality at all (Noah and T-Dawg).

Look at all the heroes on TWD: Rick (white), Daryl (white), Abraham (White), Glenn (Asian but white-washed and white-approved because he got a white gf). Even coward liar Eugene (white) can now claim his hero status because he saved Tara. How many black heroes do we have? None. Noah didn't contribute anything except getting Beth killed. Tyreese was barely able to save Judith and couldn't even kill the guy who threatened a baby. Gabriel is a sobbing cowardly mess. Bob, all he did was smiling and making jokes, then got his leg eaten.

Again, there are THREE black characters still on the show! Just like a dumb nikka to not know how to count. And Michonne is one of the most bad-azz iconic characters on the show, she's a HERO.

Tyrese lasted longer than he did in the comics. Bob, T-Dog, Noah and that one black prisoner didn't even exist in the books so the writers created more diversity for the show than was present in the source material. Its a zombie show, characters are gonna die left and right. Its a "trend" for white characters to die on the show too by your rationale. Since season one, more white characters in Rick's Crew have been deaded than black.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
1. on TALKING DEAD, this fukking Asian is STEALING OUR SLANG! :camby: "XYZ Cac staff member is an "OG" :what: and if he gives you any kind of "prop" :what: you know its legit."
fukk OUTTA HERE.....These Amerikkkacs are seriously THE WORST.

Also, they didnt have Eugene say ANYTHING about what he'd miss about #EverybodyHatesChris. fukk outta here...That Coward could have said SOMETHING!

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I give the show props for having lots of black folks, I think the real problem is they have zero idea how to write a strong black male character that isn't stereotypical(unless they are old). I don't think Hollywood knows how honestly....
See, this is here is the truth. Like, I thought Tyrese and Bob were really strong characters, but then people on this board didn't think they were alpha enough...but I feel like Hollywood only shows black men in that sort of light, so to me seeing a huge black dude that at one point loses his damn shyt and is murking a hoard of walkers and looking to fight out who burnt the bodies and have him change is a positive thing.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Seems like many ppl here what this to be "BET's The Walking Dead" where no black characters ever get killed in a zombie show.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get that, but shyt, they killed off a white guy early and then gave half his stuff from the comics to a black guy, who overcame being an alcoholic to become the moral center of the group for a full season. I also like the fact that the black characters aren't all some sort of stereotype personally. :yeshrug:
the stereotype is none of them can cut it

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
11034933_10204833586252710_8156495876841488360_o.jpg

:laff:

That scene was syfy channel bad
Walkers put a Real African on that Summer Jam Screen:mjcry:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like many ppl here what this to be "BET's The Walking Dead" where no black characters ever get killed in a zombie show.
they came from a spot thats 50% black, it should be BETs TWD.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Again, there are THREE black characters still on the show! Just like a dumb nikka to not know how to count. And Michonne is one of the most bad-azz iconic characters on the show, she's a HERO.

Tyrese lasted longer than he did in the comics. Bob, T-Dog, Noah and that one black prisoner didn't even exist in the books so the writers created more diversity for the show than was present in the source material. Its a zombie show, characters are gonna die left and right. Its a "trend" for white characters to die on the show too by your rationale. Since season one, more white characters in Rick's Crew have been deaded than black.
:mjlol:
Aiight bruh, looking at your join date and amount of posts I'ma let you cook with this gimmick :mjpls: