They will know us by the trail of the dead - WALKING DEAD Season 5

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
They trying TOO hard to be different from the comics.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Then again, Kirkman probably just cares about that check like the rest of us. The black characters in his comics weren't stereotypical for the most part, but he's letting AMC treat them like shyt.
I at least hope when Negan shows up something big goes down just like in the comics. That shyt left me scarred for life:mjcry:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The foreshadowing with Glenn and the bat though :whoo:
I kinda want them to swerve us and it ends up being Daryl who gets killed :lupe: The rage on twitter would be :ohlawd: Though sadly I don't think the showrunners are bold enough to do it.

da fukk is wrong wit you comic book nerds. stop talkin so much about the comic books and just enjoy the tv show.
:umad:

Why you read it?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Haven't read the comics. Who is this Negan and do I want to know more about him/her? :lupe:
This is Negan. And he is batshyt fukking crazy. Thats all I'll say cause I'm sure he'll be on the show at some point.
They are gonna downplay him though cause its AMC (basic cable). In the comics he curses like a sailor and gets sexually aroused from killing people. He rubs his dikk on his weapons... :russ:Not making that up.

The-Walking-Dead-111-Cover.jpg

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
This is the second time. Back when they were tied up over the pig trouf at terminus its a scene w/glenn & a bat... but bob da gawd stalls them and saves glenn
i just started season 1 and he is holding a bat during the 2nd episode as well. they prob got this nikka holding bats throughout the series on the low

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I don't understand this show. Its ability to go from god to bad, from exciting to boring, is just all types of :mindblown:

I know they've had budget problems, showrunner changes, all types of fukkery. But last night was just a perfect example of good cinematography, good acting chops, but for what?

Again, comic heads, you can spoiler tag it, but are we gonna get Negan this season? I hope so. I feel like this show desperately needs an antagonist right now.

Chad Coleman is a good actor and Tyrese is a good character. I don't mind killing off characters if it's done right. My issue is that I was waiting to learn more about Tyrese. The best I saw Beth was in the episode right before she died, and then the one where she did die. Same with Bob. Same with Tyrese. Like, why can't we get some good performances out of these characters before they've been bitten? I feel like I learned some stuff about Beth, Bob, and Tyrese, but not so much before it became obvious that they were goners.

Tyrese was muscle in the comics, was an NFL player, had a big part to do with some changes Rick goes through, and all of that was either looked over, alluded to, or just not shown. When Tyrese was hallucinating I felt for him, and I thought he did a good job, but I'm annoyed that the writers didn't give him more of a chance to act before it was his time to go.

Oh well. Preview for next week looks :flabbynsick: If nothing happens next week, it'll be 1/4 way through this half of the season with little to show for it.

I'm glad Better Call Saul is out. I give last night's Walking dead a C+ because of the cinematography and Coleman's acting chops. Those were actually the only things I liked about the episode.

I'd give the episode a solid B or B+ if he didn't get bit in such a stupid way also. And the fact that they put his fukking cap on top of his stick tombstone was :skip:
(My no spoiler take)
Chronollogically, there are some mid-bosses they encounter before Negan. But they may omit them altogether or move things around. So could they introduce him right now? Yeah... but I really hope they don't yet. Or at least wait until the season finale.
Negan is not an arc villain. He needs his own season. He's bigger and scarier than anyone introduced up until this point on the show (Shane, Meryle, the Governer, Dawn... the hunters). His effects are long reaching and lost lasting.
If they don't wuss out and play him like the comics, his season will have red wedding moments about every 2 episodes. So I really hope he gets a whole season, not a 6 or so episode arc. They gave Shane like 3 seasons. Shane is in like 8 issues of the comic... and 2 of those are flashbacks.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
i just started season 1 and he is holding a bat during the 2nd episode as well. they prob got this nikka holding bats throughout the series on the low
Took me a long time to realize, but within the comics certain inanimate objects like the samurai sword, the cowboy hat are considered characters. Thier backstories are not tied to their current owners and certain frames of the comics are through their perspective when no characters are around. Those two, plus "Luccelle" the vampire baseball bat and Tyresse's hammer, also. they also have issue covers where they are the cover, not the character that uses them, and they each origin stories also.