They took your job!!!! But really...you don't want that job.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Personally I am happy nobody wants to actually sweat a little to make a living here. Quiet as kept illegal immigration is not keeping up with the demand in workers in the skilled trades... nowhere close actually. So everyone in the skilled trades is getting(and has been getting) significant raises for the past few years, sometimes every 6 months or so. I see first year apprentices with no experience out here getting paid $20/hr now off the street they need bodies so fukking bad. Hell I just jumped companies and got a big raise and I'm probably gonna do it again in a year or so because I van. So nah keep not doing this work my pockets are thanking y'all.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
whats considered "fair"

a lot of people just arent working and would rather do nothing or scam/rob

another thing folks miss is the ability to learn a skill, take that skill and do more with it.
like Mexicans in construction

They take those skills and build up their neighborhoods...
some start businesses and then hire their own people.

it creates a snowball effect where the whole community benefits from a group learning simple skills

I remember watching a piece about jewish delis in Chicago...
the Jewish kids dont want to work in the restaurants so a lot of them are being handed down to the Mexicans that work there

the problem is the only industries black folks are heavy in is entertainment, simple security firms (most of the time they get gov contracts), barber/beauty salons and government

how do we build off that when the collective is under educated while simultaneously "too good" to work with their hands?
Yup. I worked in the stock room at a department company and on a shipping yard at an aerospace machine shop. Crazy ass hours sometimes: 14 hours per day of manual labor through the seasons when it was 100+ degrees outside or pouring rain.

That made me want to become an engineer and became one. I had no idea what an engineer was before that.

People may think something is a dead end job, but showing up to work sometimes rewires the brain. Entitled kids (and adults) wouldn't know that.

Last edited:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Personally I am happy nobody wants to actually sweat a little to make a living here. Quiet as kept illegal immigration is not keeping up with the demand in workers in the skilled trades... nowhere close actually. So everyone in the skilled trades is getting(and has been getting) significant raises for the past few years, sometimes every 6 months or so. I see first year apprentices with no experience out here getting paid $20/hr now off the street they need bodies so fukking bad. Hell I just jumped companies and got a big raise and I'm probably gonna do it again in a year or so because I van. So nah keep not doing this work my pockets are thanking y'all.

Which trade you work in breh?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
So much this...

Like why would in the entire hell that me (a person that has every issue in existence, but hard-headed to want to get out in that hustle), would work a 13 hour a day gig consist of:

• Backbreaking labor
  • shyt pay (not even enough to cover carfare, a portion of bills, etc)
  • A overseer aka slave master watching your every moveset
Without any sort of growth and expectation other than the Kool-Aid the system creates to take to the face. Nevermind, the grim reality that those migrant workers and immigrants get better treatment than those in poverty.

• Grants for businesses
  • Financial assistance to thrive for better
  • Opportunities for education (my wife worked in those facilities and trust they are on code :mjpls: )
Its almost as if the game is rigged in the favor of outsiders and not the American people. Notice how WFH gang got shytted on because they found a better outlet while having a smile on their face because they were able to grind, while not killing themselves?

This country is made off of slavery from then, now, and forever.

As somebody who had the thoughts of grinding and thriving in shyt gigs just to make a living...the moment I found out the grim reality that I was just a number and a letter to Best Buy, was the day that change my perception of how this country works.
Yep frankly I know what it would look like but really if you did want to solve the Immigration problem and the crime problem you should sent criminals to literally pay their debts to society by doing farm labor.

Again the chain gangs were full of abuse and racism but that's what you'd do if you were half serious about immgration.

Capitalism doesn't work without exploitation.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

People really want to work a car assembly line, drill for oil or work in a coal mine, like it’s a great business opportunity.

Union benefits without going to college is an anti-intellectual's wet dream :yeshrug:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Which trade you work in breh?
Electrician. By 2030 there will be a 750,000 shortage of electricians. Hell I'm a foreman and I got my tools on right now doing branch terminations in panels(shyt is easy and an apprentice can do it and I get to sit down on my toolbox and do it all day) because they literally don't have enough workers to man the job up and I'm so fast at doing them. I get to wear my ear buds and listen to music, chop it up with my broad and my boys all day while I work. I can't believe I'm getting paid supervisor money to do this sometimes, but I won't say shyt cause it all pays the same. Half of my job are temp workers, TEMP WORKERS. You don't hire temps in construction unless you are desperate for help. There are supposed to be 150 of us on this site there are only 95 and they have BEEN TRYING to man the jobsite up.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
They bring those people in because they are exploitable plain and simple........have been exploiting, currently exploiting, will be exploiting forever more........and breh who mentioned tech, I hope you knocked on wood........them Indians and the tech visas they receive to work in the US is only going to grow, then tech companies have been lobbying for years for large steady increases in the amount of visas they can have issued........for the same reason......exploitable labor........

bnew

Veteran
Daps
outside of agricultural jobs, the immigrants didn't really take the rest, the companies just outsourced all that shyt overseas, honestly I work for an American company that is paying me like 50% less to do the job 2 gringos used to do, its shyt but it pays better than most mid level jobs here, it sucks for America but that practice has helped a lot of countries so fukk you Americans I want more shyt to come our way :blessed:
A.i is gonna take those outsourced jobs too.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Think Trump is gonna solve the migrant crisis brehs he used illegals on his projects himself,

Forget the US people don't wanna work narrative US people can't do the work Shop classes been gone and 4H Clubs are non existent finally women don't value the Men who do these jobs Tell a woman you're a scammer she'll have way more respect for you than if you told her you were a garbageman and Garbagemen make decent money for the hours they actually work and what they do is absolutely vital.

Cats ruining their whole lives just to be a degenerate to get p*ssy :russ:

we really living in simp times.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
So you basically you are proving my point. You did illegal, backbreaking, low pay work and stopped because all of the bullshyt. I would wager since it was an illegal setup, workload, worker safety and other worker related rights were not being followed. I bet you would still do it if you were getting paid a fair wage and not being overworked.
No it wasn't illegal work it was a temp job and I couldn't do it because at the end of the day I'm not built for that kind of labor.

It wasn't actually "hard" most of the people were women it was the repetative nature of the job

I could do it if I had to I didn't want to

The issue is because I was an american I was still seen as a local celebrity in small town england so if I wanted to live in the UK that bad I could've done that work forever.

the issue with getting americans to do it is our economy is way larger thus things are more expensive and theres the status issue.

Meaning the " You're broke" argument.

I have a cousin working for Walmart she's a lot of things but broke she's not because Wal Mart managers make bank But If you were in a club or on the Coli saying that you worked at Wally World people would clown you.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

Fake Beto O'Rourke: "We advertise the jobs but Americans don't call"

Yeah... Internet Ass Muhfukkas are too busy using their phones in search of @JohnnyElbow029's latest tweets. You cant even get them b*stards to apply for Border Patrol

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Yup. I worked in the stock room at a department company and on a shipping yard at an aerospace machine shop. Crazy ass hours sometimes: 14 hours per day of manual labor through the seasons when it was 100+ degrees outside or pouring rain.

That made me want to become an engineer and became one. I had no idea what an engineer was before that.

People may think something is a dead end job, but showing up to work sometimes rewires the brain. Entitled kids (and adults) wouldn't know that.
working hard def changes your brain...
shows you what youre capable of if you allow yourself to dream big

My dad drove a bus and loaded airplanes....
ate nothing but pb&j in college and made dental school easy for him

I underachieved...
ended up working in restaurants in my 20s.

that shyt put hair on my chest frfr...
working those long hours made it easy for me to flip that work ethic into hustling for myself

its the same reason a lot of jobs like hiring ex military and college athletes