They Hated On Cena. They Hated On Roman. Austin Theory Had Next Brehs....

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Also, Cena and Roman were both popular before their main event pushes soured people, Theory hasn't even hit THAT level yet and already has backlash anyway. He's more in a Rocky Maivia position where he better prove he has something the fans can sink their teeth into or else it's curtains and well... :huhldup:

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
Nah. This ain't Cena/Roman.
This is 1st WWE-run Drew McIntyre.

And like Drew, best thing Theory can do is disappear, and reinvent. The hairless body guy without any grit and the 'chip on his shoulder' as the only character trait... shyt ain't gonna work. Mans desperately needs an edge he will not be able to get at this point in WWE, and the longer he's stood by Waller the more the charisma delta between them is going to bury him by association.

That he's a better worker, in better shape and had more push than Waller and still ends up being second fiddle is going to kill him completely dead. And sending him to NXT for rehab ain't gonna work at this stage.

Mans needs a reboot. Send that nikka on excursion on some NJPW shyt, and when he comes back from whereverthefukk in 2 years with some hair on his chest, figuratively and literally, maybe people will be ready to accept him. But at this stage, he's pretty much just going to get buried under the wave of NXT callups that will expose him horribly.

Thing is, he's on a timer. If he can't get some bass to his character before Trick learns to work semi-compelling 10+ minute solo matches, cue the Vince Carter gif. Bron, Melo and even Ilya are already better characters and workers at this point. That young up-and-comer main roster scene about to get wild crowded.

The big hooplah over his signing from Evolve seems like a decade ago :francis:
He really doesn't, people have been so worked by the mr mcmahon character that they have decided Theory sucks and will refuse to change their mind, any other 25 year old with his physique in ring skill heat and mic work would be praised to heavens but he got the last ever McMahon rub so the smarks have decided so matter what they will reject him

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
Nah I'm with Silkk, Vince had something going with Theory. I wasn't watching when The Shield was around so I didn't see early reactions to Roman. When I look back at them they all read like it does in here

Only the internet hated Theory. That's because Vince picked him and internet fans A. don't like Vince, B. don't like feeling forced to watch somebody or don't like people being pushed that they don't like because they think they're bookers. That was always going to be a major hurdle, even still Theory got reaction with casuals as the suck up lapdog

The main problem is when HHH first got the sticks he leaned into catering to internet fans and what they liked/didn't and pushed the button on Theory "becoming a man" that one week on Raw. The character was nowhere near ready for that to happen, when it finally did it was supposed to mean something. When Vince disappeared Theory was supposed to be kissing HHH ass, instead he pissed about 4-6 months of angles away in 2 weeks

Theory wasn't the only one set up kinda solid, Vince somehow also got Aliyah getting pops. Look where she's at now
Yep, i think HHH is a better booker than Vince but I always said he never understood the Theory character and what Vince was going for, it was a super meta angle that could have had a huge payoff and created a new star

The truth is HHH only saw Theory as Gargano's comedy jobber friend but couldn't complete bury him because he actually got himself very over as a heel, now hes just treading water doing nothing, but I believe he will bounce back

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
what do you like about him, you just keep saying how Vince picked the right one
- Looks like a star
- Can talk & go in the ring. You
- Really loves this business
- Is a genuinely good person from what i’ve seen
- Is reliable and does anything asked.

Etc.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Dirty Dom and Logan Paul exposed and lapped him twice over. About 5 different guys in NXT ready to do the same once they get called up:scust:

Go learn chinese and come back in 5 years and maybe he can pull off that Drew Mac 2nd act.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Wonder if yall would be saying this if he was black :mjpls:

Kofi, Ricochet, & Cedric Alexander get all the excuses in the world on here :mjpls:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Wonder if yall would be saying this if he was black :mjpls:

Kofi, Ricochet, & Cedric Alexander get all the excuses in the world on here :mjpls:
Come on. You shouldn't even be making this kind of comparison. There is a barrier for Black wrestlers that don't exist for people like Austin Theory. He's just a bum.